Subject: Summary of G-matrix

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 13:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi, all,

First, I would like to thank all of you who responded to my original posting
about G-matrix programs. Many of you wanted a summary, so here is a brief
summary.

    Prof. Diem at CUNY, Hunter College has a program. The reference is
    J. Chem. Educ. 1991, vol. 68, p.35-39.

    Hedberg and Mills have a program called ASYM20, which is available from
    QCPE. The most recent version is ASYM40. The reference is J. Mol. 
    Spectroscopy, 1993, vol. 160, p.117-142.

    Prof. Thomas Bally of the University of Fribourg, Switzerland, has a very
    nice program which is able to extract force constants from ab initio
    calculations. The program is going to be distributed by Gaussian. I do not
    know the date.

I also find two recent papers related to G-matrix programs.
    Vijay, A. and Sathyanarayana, D. N. J. Mol. Struct. 1994, 328, 269-276.
    Durig et al. J. Mol. Struct. 1994, 327, 55-69.

Thanks.   Yajun