Subject: Teaching/Organic/Lab/Kinetics question

From: Christopher Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 17:31:08 CST

Question for organic types who, in addition to being stellar computational
chemists, also teach experiment (we comp types are so versatile . . . )

   At Minnesota, we would like to include an experiment in our 
mainstream undergrad organic lab that deals with kinetics (and includes
making physical measurements). One might imagine UV monitoring of the 
hydrolysis of esters of p-nitrophenol, etc. However, finding suitable labs 
in the standard texts seems rather difficult. I would be grateful to receive 
details of experiments presently implemented elsewhere that would meet our 
needs (or pointers to J. Chem. Ed. articles, anecdotal commentary, whatever).

Thanks in advance,

Chris

-- 

Christopher J. Cramer
University of Minnesota
Department of Chemistry
207 Pleasant St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0431
(612) 624-0859