Subject: Chemistry for kids

From: [email-masked] (Robert Bywater)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 11:13:30 +0100

Hello Netters

I have accepted an invitation to give a talk about chemistry to
a class of 7-year old kids. Now that really is a challenge, much
harder than e.g. giving a seminar to an audience made up of people
like you.

I shall use some molecular graphics material of my own, mostly
organic compounds ( incl. a protein ) with some fancy graphics,
solvent surfaces etc. But what I am not set up to do is to show
things like molecular orbitals, electron density etc. Not that I
am going to give a talk on quantum mechanics exactly, but just to
show what molecules "look like".

If any of you out there have a particularly fancy picture of anything
like that - organic or metal ion complex, for example, please
can you mail it to me as a compressed postscript file.

If you read this after 27 January, don't bother, but if anyone can send
something before then, that would be great. I think the kids at
Wieselgrensskolan in Helsingborg will be thrilled to see some high-class
pictures like yours, and also to know that they were sent from different
countries over the net. Those whose pictures actually get used ( I
hope for some response to this letter, but if I get more than I can
show in a reasonable time, I may have to be selective ) will be
given appropriate credit in my talk.

many thanx to those who respond

Robert Bywater

                     ******************************
                     *                            *
                     *      Robert Bywater        *
                     *                            *
                     *  Biostructure Department   *
                     *      NOVO NORDISK A/S      *
                     *                            *
                     *    email [email-masked]       *
                     *   fax :: +45 4442 1400     *
                     ******************************