Subject: Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society MGMS

From: Mike Hann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 12:13:47 +0000 (GMT)

The Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society (MGMS) - previously called the 
MGS - exists to promote the interchange of knowledge in the various 
sciences related to molecular modelling and graphics.The society was 
founded 13 years ago and now has active "chapters" in the UK, US and 
Germany. Regular meetings are held on topics related to the interests of 
members and an annual international meeting is also held - this year in 
Australia. Members of the society get a free personal subscription to the 
Journal of Molecular Graphics and will also soon be able to get a heavily 
discounted subscription to CDANews. Members also get reduced rate 
registration fees at society meetings.

Membership rates are 30 pounds sterling (15 student) or $55 ($30 student). 
If you would like to join the society or receive further information on 
forthcoming meetings/events then please contact Caroline Myers 
([email-masked]) at the University of York who administers the 
worldwide membership scheme.

-------------------------------------------

The following is a brief list of forthcoming meetings:

10th-12th April '95, Leeds, UK, "Computational Aspects of Chemical 
Libraries" (everything computational to do with combinatiorial libraries) 
(contact [email-masked])

27thAug-1stSept '95, Cairns, Australia. 14th Annual Internation Conference 
of MGMS. (contact [email-masked])

14th-15th Sept '95, University College Dublin, Eire, Joint meeting with 
Biochem Soc. "Modelling Protein Structure and Function" (contact 
[email-masked])

12th-15th December '95, Braseneose College Oxford, "Quantum Mechanics" 
(contact [email-masked])

--------------------------------------------

Contact names for different chapters:

USA - Dr Nicole Van Opdenbosch - [email-masked]
UK - Dr Mike Hann - [email-masked] 
   - Dr Rod Hubbard - [email-masked]  (membership secretary)
Germany - Dr Tim Clark - [email-masked]

If you have suggestions for meetings that you think could usefully 
be organised under the banner of the MGMS then please contact one
of the above.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Hann
Chairman of MGMS
c/o Computational Chemistry Group
Glaxo Research and Development
Greenford Rd
Greenford
Middlesex
UB6 0HE
England     
[email-masked]
tel: 81-966-2413
fax: 81-966-2156