Subject: Summary of Info. on Cellular Automata

From: Wan Arthur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 19:22:25 +0800 (SST)

Dear Netters,

About a week ago, I put forward the question "Anyone interested in
cellular automata?". Now I would like to offer the summary of the
responses I have received. Forgive me for having not said "Thanks" 
respectively to each person who helped me. Here I show my real
appreciation and thanks. 

The summary is by no means abundant. Maybe it serves right to prove that 
the applications of cellular automata to chemistry and biology is still 
in its infant. Let's develope it!

Best Wishes.

Arthur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [email-masked]

Arthur,
	A collection of papers entitled "Cellular Automata and Complexity" is
available from Addison-Wesley (ISBN 0-201-62664-0) Tel. (USA) 617.944.9338
		-Don	Don Coupe   University of New Orleans

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [email-masked] (Ton Rullmann)

A lot is going on in this field, although I am not sure how relevant most of
this is to chemistry and biology in their current states.
Some interesting Web-pages I found are:
* http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~ale/cplxsys.html
  An Attempt To (Really) Tie Complex Systems Together
* http://alife.santafe.edu/alife/software/
  Artificial Life software
* http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/html/air.html
  CMU Artificial Intelligence Repository
* http://lenti.med.umn.edu/~mwd/md_hotlist.html
  A personal hotlist with many refs.

And of course there are various Usenet discussion groups, such as 
comp.ai.alife, comp.ai.genetic, comp.ai.neural-nets, comp.theory.cell-automata.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Frank Herrmann <[email-masked]>

Dear Mr.Wang,

a few minutes ago I was pointed to a world wide web page (xmosaic):

http://www.santafe.edu/projects/evca

its not exactly what you are looking for but maybe its related ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [email-masked]

Dear Mr. Wang,
	I, too, am interested in Cellular Automata and its application to chemistry.  There is a collection of papers by Steven Wolfram.  I will forward the name of the publisher and ISBN number later.  Also try "FTP.ALIFE.SANTAFE.EDU"
	-Don Coupe  University of New Orleans	email = "[email-masked]"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------