Subject: Re: CCL:VI editor for DOS/PC

From: [email-masked] (Graham Hurst)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 08:25:12 -0500

At 01:17 PM 1/24/95 -0500, John McKelvey <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Netters:
>
>Is anyone aware of a unix-like VI editor for DOS/PC's ?
>
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Regards,
>
>John McKelvey

MKS (Mortice Kern Systems) in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada inlcudes a faithful
implementation of vi in their toolkit of Unix utilities for DOS.  The
toolkit can make DOS very UNIX-like if one desires.  I think they are
on the net, but don't know the address...

Watcom includes a vi-like editor with it's C compiler, including a Windows
version, but it's purposely not identical to vi (eg. it includes mouse
support and gives more visual feedback).  Watcom is on the Web at
www.watcom.on.ca.

Sorry for posting to the group, but I thought many CCLers might be wishing
that their PCs were more like Unix!

Cheers,

Graham
-------
Graham Hurst, PhD <[email-masked]> or <[email-masked]>
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada