Subject: Chemistry Departmental Home Pages

From: [email-masked] (Brad Isbister)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 01:10:40 -0500

Netters,

I have found several haphazard collections of Chemistry Department Home Pages
on the net, but each is only a partial list.  I'd like to create an index of
all available chemistry department WWW Home pages.  Since I'm not so hot at
writing a forms interface in HTML, I'll be collecting entries via e-mail.

I will have an alphabetical list of chemistry departments at my home page.  If
you have some links I haven't got, please mail them to me.

Graduate departments are putting more and more effort into electronic
recruiting.  I think that a central storehouse of departmental brochures
would be in everyone's interest.

If anyone has follow-up comments about the role of Department Home Pages in
graduate recruiting and professional interaction, keep them off of the CCL
and we'll continue this via e-mail.

-Brad Isbister
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brad Isbister					Duke University
[email-masked]				Department of Chemistry
Computational/Biophysical chemistry		E.J. Toone group
DukeChem Home Page				http://eyring.chem.duke.edu/

---

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Tom Pierce)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:08:28 -0500 (EST)

> DukeChem Home Page				http://eyring.chem.duke.edu/

Dear Brad,

I too keep a list of chemistry Home Pages, but for my organization's
internal use. It has been self-inflicted form of competition with
the UCLA chemistry page. And usually Max Kopelevich at  UCLA
wins by finding them first. (My occasional finds I email him for updates)

Hence I agree with Henry Rzepa, http://www.chem.ucla.edu/chempointers.html
is the best starting point I routinely use. 

Stylistically, it may be possible to have a set of home pages
catagorized differently, perhaps by topic or research area.

-- 
Sincerely, Thomas Pierce - [email-masked]  -  Computational Chemist
"These opinions are those of the writer and not the Rohm and Haas Company."