Subject: Chemistry Departmental Home Pages: I vote for UCLA as a standard.

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa,Henry)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 08:59:54 +0000

>Netters,
>
>I have found several haphazard collections of Chemistry Department Home Pages
>on the net, but each is only a partial list.  I'd like to create an index of
>all available chemistry department WWW Home pages.  Since I'm not so hot at
>writing a forms interface in HTML, I'll be collecting entries via e-mail.

I beg to differ. I would like to propose that the UCLA collection, which is
well over a year old now, and very comprehensive, be regarded as the
de facto standard, which we all adopt. I, along with many others, send
new entries to this collection in preference to all others.

Shall we have a vote?

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.1.1, Tel  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809.
Fax: (44) 171 594 5804. World-Wide-Web URL:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html

---

From: "Graham W. Mullier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 13:24:52 +0000 (GMT)

> Dr Henry Rzepa wrote:

Well, Henry, assuming you mean
http://www.chem.ucla.edu/chempointers.html
then I agree, I'd vote for UCLA rather than setting up (yet) another page of
pointers.

Graham Mullier, Computational Chemistry Group, Zeneca Agrochemicals, Bracknell,
UK ([email-masked]).

---

From: Steven Schafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:59:48 -0500 (EST)

Steven Schafer

> http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html        

	I myself disagree with UCLA.  I have been trying to get our site on 
that list for almost a month now.  I have sent a number of e-mail 
messages to no avail, and I continually see the list being updated.  I 
seriosly think UCLA needs some competition on the list of WWW sites by 
subject.  Our site is on a number of other sites, is this then bias, who 
knows but it is very agrivating.  I will be adding a list to our site, at 
least so that our faculty can have an updated list.

	Steven Schafer
	S.U.N.Y. Binghamton Chemistry Department
	Binghamton, NY USA
	http://chemiris.chem.binghamton.edu:8080