Subject: Re: CCL:Chemistry WWW Sites and comprehensive Lists

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa,Henry)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 19:57:11 +0000

Steve Bachrach writes

>One solution to a directory of WWW sites is to establish an automated
>(form-based) registration procedure, following the model at the NCSA home site.
>If there is interest in establishing this service, perhaps Max Kopelevich, and
>Henry Rzepa, and myself and other interested parties can set this up at a
>mutually agreed upon site.

There have been several  such. The NCSA whats new page has self
registration. There was also a "self publishing system" at NCSA, but last time
I tried it was dead. There are others including the excellent
http://akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/Science/Chemistry/
which even tests the URL before it allows it to go up. There, the submitted
URL is also "refereed" for its quality (and the editors decision is final!)
Perhaps that is the model we should use?

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.1.1, Tel  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809.
Fax: (44) 171 594 5804. World-Wide-Web URL:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html