Subject: Re: CCL:Chemistry WWW home pages

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 18:05:26 EST

>Several companies have recently entered the market for web payment
>mechanisms: home pages for the ones I've heard about are listed
>below.
>[omitted for brevity]
>Members of this list who have been thinking about providing or expanding
>a service to the chemistry community but have been wondering how they might
>defray costs or handle payments in a convenient manner might wish to
>look at these home pages.

I had previously offered space on the Cambridge Scientific Computing server
(http://www.camsci.com) at no charge, and I would be happy to continue that
offer.  As Ralph mentions, there are some serious cost issues involved from
our end, but at the moment we are winging it, with a few restrictions on
people who want space on our server.  You can't say anything that is harmful
to us, for example (it is our server, after all!).  Also, we are not offering
any creative services at all: you have to create the html.  And we are not
making any commitments as to how long you can have space.  When we run out
of bandwidth or disk space, something is going to have to give.  We have
a half-dozen people up at the moment.

(If anyone has any spiffy graphics, we'll take donations!)

If you are interested, drop me a line.

Jonathan Brecher
Cambridge Scientific Computing
[email-masked]