Subject: data analysis of large biomolecules

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 23:10:49+0530

Hi! 
        I am doing statistical analysis of the PDB crystal structures
of proteins.   I would like to know what all are the methods in vogue
of such purposes and more importantly I would like to hear from the
experienced people about the use of such approaches in gaining biological
and structural/sequence insights for proteins and its practical uses
apart from prediction.  I know a lot of litrature exists on this, but
what I am looking for is the first hand advice from the people about 
the difficulties they face in undertaking such projects. Of course, a
list of general references about it is a welcome.  I am more interested
in analyzing protein secondary structures e.g. helices[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C[C. Their shapes
(say curved or linear), their packing etc. and trying to correlate
with their sequences. So please respond in this spirit only.  I shall
summarize to the net.  
                           yours' cordially
                           sandeep kumar
                           [email-masked]