Subject: Symposium: Computer Evaluation of Synthetic Feasibility

From: MARTIN%CMDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 16:52:50 -0600 (CST)

Call for contributions:

Symposium: Computer Evaluation of Synthetic Feasibility
ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry
Aug. 20-24, 1995 Chicago, IL

There has been an explosive rise in the number of 3D
structures of biomacromolecules and in the number of computer
programs that design molecules that bind to a macromolecule
of known 3D structure. These accomplishments highlight a new
challenge: how to distinguish, in the multitude of designed
compounds, those that are relatively easy to synthesize.

This symposium will feature the different strategies taken to
attack this problem. It is hoped that it will not only inform
others of the state-of-the-art but also stimulate other work
on the problem.

Invited speakers:

o     Johann Gasteiger, Universitat Erlangen-Nurnberg
o     Stephen Hanessian, University of Montreal
o     Peter Johnson, University of Leeds

Do you have a contributed paper to offer?

Can you suggest someone who might?

The deadline for abstracts is April 15, however I would like to hear from potential speakers before then.

Yvonne C. Martin
Computer Assisted Molecular Design
D-47E, AP10 2fl
Abbott Laboratories
100 Abbott Park Rd.
Abbott Park, IL 60064

[email-masked]
FAX: 708 937 2625