Subject: How about a "Democratic" Chemistry WWW site...

From: "Michael R Rothwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 17:54:33 -0500

It would not be too difficult to set up a WWW site here (at NCSU). My idea for i
is:

It will keep track of the number of accesses each link gets. It would then, for
the Web Page, rank the links according to popularity, most popular first.

New links would come in at the highest rank, and then slip downward (or perhaps
not) as people evaluate them.

Anyone could add a link.

Links which stay at the bottom of the list for more than a certain length of
time would get deleted (taking out the garbage, so to speak).

The links would be divided into several sections, such as

"Software"
"computational Chemistry"
"Biochemistry"

or whatever.

What do you think?

---

From: "Brian Karlak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 16:46:58 -0800

On Jan 30,  5:54pm, Michael R Rothwell wrote:
> Subject: CCL:How about a "Democratic" Chemistry WWW site...
> It will keep track of the number of accesses each link gets. It would then,
> New links would come in at the highest rank, and then slip downward (or

> What do you think?

An excellent idea.

zenkat

-- 

"Update all information.  Pod into cosmos."

Jeffffff said it.
i believe it.
That settles it.