Subject: Refereeing Presentational Quality in WWW pages

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa,Henry)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 18:21:50 +0000

Oscar N. Ventura writes,

> Then, I agree that some discussion about independent refereeing is
>healthy. But, I think, we are not yet at the point of agreeing on what
>are the external parameters to be used in assessing quality.

Everyone is learning the answer to this one. I should point out
that the collected proceedings of the Electronic Computational
Chemistry Conference, after due refereeing of purely the
scientific content, will be recognised by Chemical Abstracts.
I might also point out that the referee's comments on
our own paper to this conference also related in part
 to the "presentation", offering helpful suggestions
for improvements which we were happy to act upon.
I think therefore that the first signs are there.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.1.1, Tel  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809.
Fax: (44) 171 594 5804. World-Wide-Web URL:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html