Subject: WWW home pages - summary needed

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Bally)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 12:42:08 +0100

Dear Netters,

  I have been following the ongoing debate about the title Subject with
much interest and I strongly believe that the way things are going to
evolve in
this department will have important repercussions on how we will work and
communicate in the future.

  It's all very nice (and, I think, necessary) to debate these questions on
CCL, but is there any possiblity that some concerted action could spring
>from this?
Wouldn't it be a pity if, after everything is said and done, everyone would
continue to tinker around in his own little corner.

  Would anyone with some authority in the field volunteer to summarize the
questions which have arisen in this debate and the possible solutions which have
been proposed, such as to provide some common ground for further discussion or
(hopefully) action of those of us who care about these matters. Based on
this we could, for example, make recommendations to our respective home
institutions on  how WWW home pages should be implemented so they can
optimally serve the needs of those who wish to use them etc.

 If we manage to get some order into all this, I see a bright future for
easier communication within the Chemistry community!

  thomas

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
|  Prof. Thomas Bally                 |  E-mail:  [email-masked]   |
|  Institute for Physical Chemistry   |  WWW page:                        |
|  University of Fribourg             |  http://sgich1.unifr.ch/pc.html   |
|  Perolles                           |                                   |
|  CH-1700 FRIBOURG                   |  Tel:     011-41-37 29 8705       |
|  Switzerland                        |  FAX:     011-41-37 29 9737       |
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*