Subject: Re: CCL:How about a "Democratic" Chemistry WWW site

From: "Oscar N. Ventura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 08:54:49 -0300 (TZ )

Netters,
 Concerning the message of Michael Rothwell about a "Democratic" site.
 Yes, definetely, why not? But, on the other side, why not having both?
Are they really incompatible options? Why not have some independent
evaluation process AND a site based on popularity? After all,
quality and popularity are not necessarily the same thing.
O.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Oscar N. Ventura                 Tel.     +(5982)941860
MTC-Lab                              Fax      +(5982)941906
Gral.Flores 2124, C. C. 1157         E-mail   [email-masked]
Montevideo, URUGUAY                  MTC-Lab  http://bilbo.edu.uy/MTC-Lab.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa,Henry)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 18:45:57 +0000

>quality and popularity are not necessarily the same thing.

I agree as well.

Might I ask whoever writes the Perl/Tcl scripts to do all this to
consider making that available, so we could apply this locally to
say lecture notes etc! Now that would give power to the students!
Not so much voting with their feet as with their eight feet (sorry, six,
you can tell I am a chemist!!)

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.1.1, Tel  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809.
Fax: (44) 171 594 5804. World-Wide-Web URL:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html