Subject: 1995 Gordon Research Conference on QSARs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 17:32:54 -0600 (CST)

Greetings!

I am writing to encourage (and facilitate) your participation in the
1995 Gordon Research Conference on Quantitative Structure-Activity
Relationships which will be held in Tilton, New Hampshire (USA) between
the evening of Sunday, August 6th and noon on Friday, August 11th.

I have appended an abbreviated indication of the stimulating program
which was organized by our Vice-Chairman, Dr. Herschel Weintraub.  A
more complete listing and a copy of the GRC Application Form will be
published in the first February issue of _Science_.  

This year, for the first time, the GRC is also accepting Applications
via e-mail.  For your convenience, I have also appended a copy of the
electronic version of the GRC Application Form.  If you wish to apply 
via e-mail, please send a *neatly excised* copy of the appended form to:
[email-masked]  (NOT TO ME!).

Please note that both the Application Form and the abbreviated Program 
indicate that poster presentations by GRC attendees are encouraged.  If 
you wish to present a poster, please be CERTAIN to append an abstract to 
your Application Form.  Your abstract will be posted on the (4 ft by 8 ft, 
vertically oriented) poster-board which will be reserved in your name.

This year, the standard "Fixed Fee" is $510 which includes not only the
Conference registration but room (double-occupancy) and board as well.
Chartered bus transportation between Boston's Logan Airport and the
Conference site will be available for approximately $35 (round trip).

I look forward to greeting old friends and making new friends in Tilton
this summer.  I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Bob Pearlman

       QUANTITATIVE STRUCTURE-ACTIVITY RELATIONSHIPS (QSAR)

                          Tilton School
                           Tilton, NH
                      6 August - 11 August

R. S. Pearlman, Chairman
H. J. R. Weintraub, Vice-Chairman (and Program Organizer)

Monday, August 7, 1994
--------------------------------------------------------------
Morning:  Combinatorial Chemistry, Diversity & 3D Databases
Session Chair:  Y. Martin
Speakers:  M. Ross, J. Blaney, P. Johnson
--------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon:  Combinatorial Chemistry, Diversity & 3D Databases
Poster Session Chair:  O. Raevsky
--------------------------------------------------------------
Evening:  Combinatorial Chemistry, Diversity & 3D Databases
Session Chair:  S. Barcza
Speakers:  O. Guner, D. Patterson
--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, August 8, 1994
--------------------------------------------------------------
Morning:  Recent Applications of Traditional QSAR
Session Chair:  G. Famini
Speakers:  M. Abraham, M. Charton, P. Magee
--------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon:  General Poster Session
Poster Session Chair:  P. Seybold
--------------------------------------------------------------
Evening:  Toxicity Prediction
Session Chair:  S. DeVito
Speakers:  J. Dearden, V. Gombar
--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 9, 1994
--------------------------------------------------------------
Morning:  Successful Applications in Structure-Based Design
Session Chair:  G. Marshall
Speakers:  H. Moereels, K. Holloway, R. Wade
--------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon:  QSAR Techniques for Structure-Based Design
Poster Session Chair:  C. Selassie
--------------------------------------------------------------
Evening:  Successful Applications in Structure-Based Design
Session Chair:  A. Hagler
Speakers:  T. Oprea, P. Goodford
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, August 10, 1994
--------------------------------------------------------------
Morning:  Variable Selection
Session Chair:  S. Clementi
Speakers:  H. Kubinyi, J. Frazer, B. Bush
--------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon:  General Poster Session
Poster Session Chair:  L. Hall
--------------------------------------------------------------
Evening:  "Nuts and Bolts"  Session on the Use of Techniques
Session Chair:  L. Balbes
Group Discussion
--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, August 11, 1994
--------------------------------------------------------------
Morning:  New Technologies
Session Chair:  J. Wikel
Speakers:  G. Kellogg, D. Rogers, G. Maggiora

                            *********

=====================  GRC Application Form  =========================

>Please e-mail this application to: [email-masked]
>
>Applications are required of all individuals participating in a Conference.
>This applies to the Chair, Co-Chairs, Vice Chair, Discussion Leaders,
>Speakers, Poster Presenters, and Conferees.
>
>DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE CONFERENCE
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>CONFERENCE LOCATION:  Tilton School, Tilton, NH
>CONFERENCE NAME:  Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships (QSARs)
>CONFERENCE DATE:  August 6 - 11
>
>NAME:              
>ORGANIZATION:      
>BUSINESS ADDRESS:  
>CITY:              
>STATE:             
>COUNTRY:           
>ZIP CODE:          
>PHONE:             
>FAX:               
>E-MAIL:            
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>ACCOMMODATIONS FOR      APPLICANT:___
>                        GUEST(S):___
>                        CHILDREN:___
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>I work in       ACADEMIC INSTITUTION:___ If predominantly undergraduate,
>please check here:___
>                GOVERNMENT AGENCY:___
>                INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION:___
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Please check:   CHAIR:___
>                VICE CHAIR:___
>                DISCUSSION LEADER:___
>                SPEAKER:___
>                POSTER PRESENTER:___
>                ATTENDEE:___
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Previous conferences attended
>                NONE:___
>                1-5:___
>                6-10:___
>                10+:___
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Your Position?  GRADUATE STUDENT:___
>                POSTDOC:___
>                RESEARCH SCIENTIST:___
>                PROFESSOR:___
>                RESEARCH DIRECTOR:___
>                PROGRAM MANAGER:___
>                OTHER:___
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Are you personally involved in research activities in the subject area of
>the conference? (Y/N):___
>
>How many papers have you published during the past three years in the
>subject area of the conference?:___
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>You are invited to submit an abstract for a poster presentation at the
>Conference.  Many Chairs find abstracts very useful in making decisions
>concerning admissions to their Conferences.  Applications are referred to
>the Conference Chair in accordance with the established regulations.
>Following the Chair's acceptance, the registration card will be sent to
>you. Please complete and return it immediately with payment of FIXED FEE.
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCES ADMITS SCIENTIFICALLY-QUALIFIED CONFEREES OF
>ALL SEX, RACE, RELIGION, AGE, COLOR, AND NATIONAL ORIGIN.
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Indicate your particular activities which justify favorable consideration
>of you as a participant in and contributor to this Conference.  (Not
>required of speakers and session chairs.)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>The recording of lectures by tapes, etc. and the photography of slide
>material are prohibited.  Printed reference to Gordon Research Conference
>papers and discussion is not permittted.  Authors are requested to omit
>references to the Conferences in any publication.  Guests are not permitted
>to attend the conference lectures and discussion sessions.
>
>Each member of the Conference agrees to these regulations when registration
>is accepted.

                              *************

Remember, return your application to the GRC --- NOT TO ME!

Hope to see you in August.

   --- Bob Pearlman