Subject: Conf. proceedings help required about publishing

From: "John Waite, Tel: ++30-1-7238958, N.H.R.F., Organic Chemistry Institute, Vas. Konstantinou 48, Athens 116-35" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 95 12:54 GMT

Hi Netters,
    I would like some help/information concerning the publication of
 conference proceedings. I have looked unsuccessfully through CCL's
 archives, so will summarize any responses I receive. 
 
     Firstly I presume there are two main ways of doing this -
 either using a Journal or a Publishing House. Other?
     What are the (dis)advantages of these choices?
     Refereeing?
     Cost? etc.
 
     I believe there are also two ways of producing such proceedings -
     Photographically (on pre-defined forms) or electronically. Other?
     Again, what are the (dis)advantages of these choices?
     Cost? etc.
 
     Concerning Journals, the topic of the conference in question is
 super-computing. So which Journals are suitable? I would like their title,
 preferebly e-mail address or phone, else FAX or postal address + the name
 of a person to contact.
     Similarly for Publishing Houses - I know Elsevier, North-Holland,
 D.Reidel, Plenum and Kluwer do this sort of thing. Other?
     And the above contact proceedure(s).
 
     I would be grateful if any/some of these firms contacted me.
 My postal and e-mail addresses + direct phone are in the header of this
 message.
      Any other tips, suggestions, things to beware of, 'musts' or general
 info. will be appreciated,
      Thanking you all,
         John Waite