Subject: PC/Windows used in computational chemistry

From: Leif Laaksonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 08:26:07 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

I want to thank everybody who have sent me a mail as a reply to my
question about the status of the PC/Windows market for computational
chemistry. As I can see it now the PC/Windows and specially (Windows
NT) market is still to premature. There is excellent work going on by some
software houses but not too much in other places. OS/2 Warp is also
mixing up the situation in Europe. Specially in Germany shops seem
to bundle OS/2 Warp with their hardware in favour of MS Windows.
I don't know if this is done because they think Warp is better than
Windows or if they just feel uncomfortable with Microsoft.

Unix seems to be dominating the CC field more or less totally.

The reply to my original question can be reached using Web.

URL: http://laaksonen.csc.fi/docs/pcunix.html

For those of you who can't use Web I can send you the file
by mail, if you request for a copy.

Regards,

-leif laaksonen

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leif Laaksonen                     |  
Center for Scientific Computing    | Phone:      358 0 4572378
P.O. Box 405                       | Mobile:     358 400425203
FIN-02101 Espoo                    | Telefax:    358 0 4572302
FINLAND                            | Mail:  [email-masked]
---------URL: http://laaksonen.csc.fi/leif.laaksonen.html----------

              I dreamed that, as I wandered by the way,
              Bare winter suddenly was changed to spring.

                                    P.B. Shelley
-------------------------------------------------------------------