Subject: wire debonding

From: [email-masked] (Dennis Pumphrey)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 19:16:33 +0800

Hi:

My name is Dennis Pumphrey, and I have been involved in some problems
with laser diodes with which we are seeing higher than expected failure rates.

The predominant failure mode seems to be debonding of the gold wires
connecting the semiconductor devices inside of the diode "can".

This laser diode is a commercial device (mf'd by Sharp), used in a
commercial machining application seeing G forces in excess of 20 Gs.

I'm afraid that my background is software development, so I'm pretty ignorant
about the actual mechanics of the device and bonding. However, I'm the one
with the computer and the access to the net, so I thought I'd give it a
shot...

I located your name by browsing recent traffic on the net and thought it
would be worthwhile to seek your advice.

Could you please let me know of experts or other resources that my company
could use or contact?

You can respond to me at [email-masked] or to really talk to the one that
knows the details, you could call Larry Niles, VP of operations at
1-310-534-6710.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS - IT WON'T WORK.

Any direction you can provide would be GRATEFULLY received.

- Thanks!