Subject: Re: MGMS International Meeting

From: Herbert Homeier (t4720) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 19:25:04 +0100

Dear CCLers,

Regarding the question on MGMS meetings, see below what I found in my 
list of conferences at
gopher://rchs1.uni-regensburg.de/1m/pub/KONFERENZEN

Best regards

Herbert Homeier

--------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Herbert H. H. Homeier
Institut fuer Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie
Universitaet Regensburg
D-93040 Regensburg, Germany
Phone: +49-941-943 4720                FAX  : +49-941-943 2305
email: [email-masked]
<A HREF="http://rchs1.uni-regensburg.de/%7Ec5008/">HOMEPAGE</A>
---------------------------------------------------------------

The Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society (MGMS) - previously called the
MGS - exists to promote the interchange of knowledge in the various
sciences related to molecular modelling and graphics.The society was
founded 13 years ago and now has active "chapters" in the UK, US and
Germany. Regular meetings are held on topics related to the interests of
members and an annual international meeting is also held - this year in
Australia. Members of the society get a free personal subscription to the
Journal of Molecular Graphics and will also soon be able to get a heavily
discounted subscription to CDANews. Members also get reduced rate
registration fees at society meetings.

Membership rates are 30 pounds sterling (15 student) or $55 ($30 student).
If you would like to join the society or receive further information on
forthcoming meetings/events then please contact Caroline Myers
([email-masked]) at the University of York who administers the
worldwide membership scheme.

-------------------------------------------

The following is a brief list of forthcoming meetings:

10th-12th April '95, Leeds, UK, "Computational Aspects of Chemical
Libraries" (everything computational to do with combinatiorial libraries)
(contact [email-masked])

27thAug-1stSept '95, Cairns, Australia. 14th Annual Internation Conference
of MGMS. (contact [email-masked])

14th-15th Sept '95, University College Dublin, Eire, Joint meeting with
Biochem Soc. "Modelling Protein Structure and Function" (contact
[email-masked])

12th-15th December '95, Braseneose College Oxford, "Quantum Mechanics"
(contact [email-masked])

--------------------------------------------

Contact names for different chapters:

USA - Dr Nicole Van Opdenbosch - [email-masked]
UK - Dr Mike Hann - [email-masked]
- Dr Rod Hubbard - [email-masked] (membership secretary)
Germany - Dr Tim Clark - [email-masked]

If you have suggestions for meetings that you think could usefully
be organised under the banner of the MGMS then please contact one
of the above.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Hann
Chairman of MGMS
c/o Computational Chemistry Group
Glaxo Research and Development
Greenford Rd
Greenford
Middlesex
UB6 0HE
England
[email-masked]
tel: 81-966-2413
fax: 81-966-2156

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.1.1, Tel (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809.
Fax: (44) 171 594 5804. World-Wide-Web URL:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html 

-------
On-line information available via http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/watoc.html
using Mosaic or other www client.
To unsubscribe, send the message "UNSUBSCRIBE WATOC" to [email-masked]