Subject: Re: CCL:POVRAY file ?

From: Jeffrey J Gosper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 10:21:42 GMT

> I would also be interested in a PDB (or other format) - to - POVRAY 
converter.
> POVRAY is a cheap (free) fast raytracer available on almost any platform. 
It
> uses ASCII scripts as source files. It seems like a tool just waiting to 
be
> used for scientific visualization.
> 

My program Re_view can do this, the ray-trace option produces (and 
optionally runs POVray input files). 

A demo version is available see below and this program is also cheap.

Subject: RE_VIEW molecular viewer/animator/analyzer, mopac converter

RE_VIEW is essentially a molecular viewer, animator, analyzer, and
MOPAC reaction path converter.

The major functions of RE_VIEW include the ability to:

     1) Display and manipulate molecules in 3D;
     2) Animate reaction pathways;
     3) Align the steps/frames within an animation, along a vectors or onto 
a plane;
     4) Animate normal modes of vibration;
     5) Monitor geometries (lengths, angles and dihedrals);
     6) Provide tabulated geometrical data (which can be readily 
incorporated 
        into spreadsheets); and
     7) Automatically produce high quality 'ray-traced' images and 
animation 
        sequences.

It's ShareWare, online as file micros/ibmpc/win/e/e026/rev_demo.zip