Subject: UNIVIS:2D/3D VISUALIZATION PACKAGE FOR PC 486 MACHINES

From: [email-masked] (Rama Viswanathan)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 11:19:52 -0600

Forwarded at the request of Prof. S.R. GADRE

>**********************************************************************
>                               UNIVIS                               
>**********************************************************************
>                   Universal Visualization Package                  
>
>          A universal 2D/3D visualization package, UNIVIS  developed 
>by Professor Shridhar R. Gadre and Ajay Limaye at the Department  of 
>Chemistry, University of Poona, Pune-411 007, INDIA is now available 
>for distribution.  The package is  currently  available  on  PC  486 
>platform with SVGA monitor and atleast 4 MB RAM.
>
>          This unique package offers you the following features :
>1. Normal visualization of molecules.
>2. Data available on a 3D grid can be visualized in following ways :
>     a. Property textured on Van der Waals surface
>     b. Chicken wire plots
>     c. Property textured on any standard planes
>     d. Iso-valued surfaces with transparency effects
>     e. Any combination of the above.
>3. Light & transparency effects.
>
>     Such a rich package is not available on a comparable  platform  
>(to the best of our knowledge and belief!).  Of course, to see it is
>to believe it! If interested  in  the package, contact 
>Professor Shridhar Gadre and a few sample  graphics 
>screens will be sent to you.
>....................................................................
>          Professor Shridhar R. Gadre
>          Department of Chemistry
>          University of Poona, Pune-411007, INDIA.
>e-mail  gadre@unipune,ernet-in ; [email-masked]
>FAX :   0091-212-337551.
>        0091-212-333899.
>**********************************************************************
>
>
Rama Viswanathan                 Dept. of Chemistry
[email-masked]                 Beloit College, Beloit, Wisc.