Subject: wanted: a 'ghost' writer'

From: "John Waite, Tel: ++30-1-7238958, N.H.R.F., Organic Chemistry Institute, Vas. Konstantinou 48, Athens 116-35" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 95 18:32 GMT

Hi Netters,
    Does anyone out there like writing papers to be submitted to journals?
 If so, I'm interested in setting up a collaboration since I now consist
 of a group of one person, with many ideas, sufficient computer time but
 little real time/inclination for writing up the results.
    I usually reckon to have about two papers published per year, in
 computational chemistry, on the calculation of Non-Linear Optical properties
 (polarisabilities and first and second hyperpolarisabilities, i.e. alpha,
 beta and gamma), particularly the latter, by semi-empirical and ab initio
 methods. Also, associated with these computations are geometry optimisation
 and basis set development.
    I envisage such a collaboration to consist of:
       Me doing the computations and preparation of the tables of results,
          plus suggestions of the nature of the analysis of these.
          i.e. the general/overall theme of the paper.
        While the 'ghost' writer will put things together, from abstract to 
          references.
    For this the accepter of this partnership will be co-author in three out
 of every four publications. He/she must be fluent in English and have access
 to a phone, FAX and e-mail. I can probably provide the final typing facility
 and others may be co-authors.
    Please include comments, suggestions, reservations, restrictions and
 qualifications (limitations or conditions on the collaboration) to the above
 proposal in your reply.
    Looking forward to hearing from a suitable person,
      Dr. John Waite

---

From: Gerd Thys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 11:03:53 +0100 (MET)

Dear Mr Waite,

That was a rather strange message you sent! 

It's an interesting offer, but since I am not the boss in my group, I 
cannot promise you anything... But for now, I'm interested in your 
articles, since I want to start working on NLO too (by using 
semi-empirical methods)

Can you please point me to your output...

I hope you get a lot of response! I can imagine being some sort 
of Scientific Robinson Crusoe becomes rather frustrating... 

Best regards,

Gerd 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerd Thys                        Ph.D. Student
Structural Chemistry Group
University of Antwerp (UIA)
Universiteitsplein 1             E-mail: [email-masked]
B-2610 wilrijk                   URL: http://www.uia.ac.be/u/thys/index.html
BELGIUM 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------