Subject: Announce: Electronic Conference on Trends in Organic Chemistry

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa, Henry)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 22:33:54 +0000

ECTOC: Electronic Conference on Trends in Organic Chemistry
===========================================

The first Electronic conference for discussing Trends in
Organic Chemistry will be held during 12-23 June 1995
on the Global Internet using electronic mail and the
World-Wide Web as delivery mechanisms, and organised
under the guidance of an international scientific committee.
This pioneering forum offers a novel, low cost and
near-instant mechanism for discussing chemistry, with features
such as full colour structure diagrams, "clickable"  reaction
schemes, rotatable 3D molecular images, key-word searches
of conference proceedings, and access to a conference
"molecular hyperglossary".  See issue 3, 1995 of Chemical
Communications for further details and J. H. Krieger and
D. L. Illman,   Chem. & Eng. News, 1994,  1994
(December 12), 29 for  details  of the previous ECCC
conference organised along similar lines.

Contributions will take the form of a number of invited Keynote
papers, together with submitted papers,  conference posters, and
electronic mail discussions,  in  all areas of contemporary organic
chemistry, including synthesis,  structure, mechanism, physical
organic, new materials, bio-organic and computational studies.
Papers and posters will  be subjected to the peer review process
and we expect will be  published on a conference CD-ROM
which will be abstracted by Chemical Abstracts.

The deadline for submission of abstracts of papers  or posters is
April 28, 1995. Conference information and details of how to
submit contributions are available by the following mechanisms;

1.  Sending an electronic mail to
[email-masked] with the single line message;
info ectoc

2.  Connecting to the following World-Wide Web location
using a browser such as Mosaic or Netscape;
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/ectoc/

3.  By anonymous ftp file transfer of the file ectoc.txt
in the directory pub on the server ftp.ch.ic.ac.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please pass this message along to any organic chemists who might
not  subscribe to the computational chemistry list.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, London, SW7 2AY.
Tel:  +44 171 594 5774. Fax: +44 171 594 5804. E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html             Sent using Eudora 2.1.1