Subject: Evolutionary relation between sequences ??

From: Mrigank <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 95 22:42:01 +0530

Hi

  I am looking for program to find out evolutionary relationship between
  two protein sequences/motifs or find a connection of sequence with a
  sequence database. The program should be able to give closeness/distance
  in reference to evolution should be 

  I guess PAPA [or some such name] by Dolittle's group can do this. Can any
  one give pointers to this or any other s/w. 

  Thanks

  Mrigank

  ----
/Mrigank                             \/ Phone  +91 172 690557               \
\Institute of Microbial Technology   /\ Email:  [email-masked]     /
/Sector 39A,                         \/ FAX: +91 172 690585                 \
\Chandigarh 160 014 India.           /\                                     /
 \//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//  
-- When I feed the poor, they call me saint. When I ask why the poors do
   not have food, they call me communist - Archbishop Camaran