

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received: from sentry.novo.dk (sentio.novo.dk [130.227.249.6])
From: [email-masked] (Robert Bywater)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Status: OR

Dear Jeremy

You will find all the tools to do just what you want in the program
package WHAT IF. This will enable you to do mutations, refinements of th e
mutated protein(s) and a lot else besides. You will also need to do some
MD, then you should get the program GROMOS. WHAT IF has an excellent
interface to GROMOS.

WHAT IF is available ( at close to zero cost ) from :

Dr. Gert Vriend
EMBL
Heidelberg
Germany

email: [email-masked]

Very likely, you can get it by 'ftp' transfer, but he will arrange
all that for you.

WHAT IF is very easy to use, but it does take some practice, just like
any program, in some ways more so, because of the ENORMOUS number of
options. Oh, and you better make sure you have at least 1 Gb disk free
for this program.

I may be in OZ in August this year, and if so, could help you with a
tutorial, as by now, I am one of the seasoned users. But maybe Gert
wants to come to OZ. Anyway he will decide.

Please tell hime I recommended WHAT IF to you.

best regrds

Robert Bywater

                     ******************************
                     *                            *
                     *      Robert Bywater        *
                     *                            *
                     *  Biostructure Department   *
                     *      NOVO NORDISK A/S      *
                     *                            *
                     *    email [email-masked]       *
                     *   fax :: +45 4442 1400     *
                     ******************************

------------------------------------------------------------------------