Subject: Summary: 'ghost' writers available

From: "John Waite, Tel: ++30-1-7238958, N.H.R.F., Organic Chemistry Institute, Vas. Konstantinou 48, Athens 116-35" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 95 13:24 GMT

Hi Netters,
    Just over a week ago I asked CCL about getting in contact with
 a 'ghost' writer. Below are the replies of people interested in 
 doing this.
    My thanks to all who replied and CCL,
      John

From: [email-masked] (Steven H. Parkin)

Professor Waite:

Both my wife, an extremely proficient editor, and I, a sometime
computational physical chemist, are interested in your proposal to be
"ghost" writers. Your terms seem satisfactory, and we think we fill your
fluency/access requirements.

FYI, my wife is Linda Parkin. Our phone/fax is (619) 329-2774; our address
is 67-642 Club House Road, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92241, USA; and our e-mail
address is found in my signature.

We look forward to working with you in the future.

Steven H. Parkin
Imaginative Alchemy
[email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Steven H. Parkin)

Professor Waite:

In our haste to respond to your post regarding a 'ghost writer,' we failed
to include a list of qualifications.

My wife, Linda Parkin, has a BS in English, Drama, and Journalism from BYU.
She has taught English writing in the 8-10 grades and Journalism in the 9-12
grades. She also worked in and managed the publications department of Hughes
Semiconductors (Newport Beach, CA) for 7 years, editing the works of the
engineers and scientists for publication and in the preparation of grant
proposals. She currently operates an editing and desktop publishing service
for several companies in So. California.

I have an BS in Chemistry from Stanford, an MS in Chemistry from Univ. of
So. California, and I am still trying to finish a Ph.D. in Theoretical
Chemical Physics from Univ. of Calif., Irvine. I have over 30 years
experience in various fields of chemistry, including 7 years as the
owner/operator of an analytical biochemistry laboratory that was sold to
Smith, Kline & French, and 5 years as a principal in a pharmaceutical
manufacturing company in Los Angeles and Beirut (prior to the war!!). Over
the last 4 years, I have been working on the development of an instrument,
really a prototype, to test one of my theories of a new paradigm to
non-destructively analyze metals in aircraft for corrosion and fatigue. This
is why we coined the name - Imaginative Alchemy. Also, as I recall, I have
been the author or co-author of 4 or 5 publications, abstracts and posters,
dealing primarily in the use of HPLC and GC in the analysis of hormones and
toxic substances.

I hope this additional information is of value to you, and that Linda and I
can assist you as 'ghost writers' in the future.

Thank you for your consideration.
Steven H. Parkin
Imaginative Alchemy
[email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Stanislaw Oldziej)

Dear Mr Waite,

 i'm finishing my PhD Thesis and i'm looking for new good scientific theme.
It's an intresting offer for me.

Best regards,

Stan

Stanislaw Oldziej
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Gdansk
Sobieskiego 18, 80-952 Gdansk
POLAND
fax: (048-58)-41-03-57
e-mail: [email-masked] or [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Benoit Champagne)

Hello Dr. Waite,

	My name is Benoit CHAMPAGNE and I am interested by your
proposition.  I got my PhD in the University of Namur under
the supervision of Professor J.M. Andre in 1992. Then I
spent 7 months at the Quantum Theory Project of the
University of Florida with Dr. Y. Ohrn as supervisor. Now,
I am a Senior Research Assistant of the Belgium National
Fund for Scientific Research.  

	I am working on the development, characterization and
 use of techniques to compute the polarizabilities and 
hyperpolarizabilities of oligomers and polymers. Recent 
developments are the application of RPA to polymers to get
 the coupled Hartree-Fock asymptotic longitudinal
 polarizabilities per unit cell (static and dynamic); the
 use of the double harmonic approximation to evaluate the 
vibrational contribution to the polarizability of finite
 polyacetylene chains and the investigation of such
 correlation effects. 

	If you want, I can give you a list of some reference
papers.

	We have a phone, a fax,...
	
	Some comments would come  in the future if
 considering computational chemistry and/or NLO properties.

	Sincerely yours,

	Benoit