Subject: CCL: NMR workshop offered at PSC

From: "Marcela Madrid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 10:22:17 -0500

STRUCTURE DETERMINATION FROM NMR
                    Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
                           June 25-28, 1995

Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) is offering biomedical researchers a
"Structure Determination From NMR" Workshop.  The objective is to introduce
participants to the different techniques for the elucidation of solution
structures of biological macromolecules from nuclear magnetic resonance data.
The workshop is free to academic participants.

The worskhop will consist of lectures and extensive hands-on sessions.
The programs AMBER, Mardigras and MidasPlus will be discussed.  Hands-on
sessions will be emphasized.
Participants will be able to work on the examples
provided or on their own experimental data.
No prior supercomputing experience is necessary.

Workshop leaders are: Dr. David Case, The Scripps Research Institute; and
Drs Thomas James, Julie Newdoll and Uli Schmitz,
University of California, San Francisco.

This workshop is funded by a grant from the Biomedical Research Technology
Program, National Center for Research Resources, National Institutes of
Health.  Travel, meals and hotel accommodations for researchers affilated
with U.S. academic institutions are supported by this grant. Enrollment is
limited to 20.  An application form is included.  Deadline for applications
is: April 28, 1995.

Additional information about this workshop can be found in
http://pscinfo.psc.edu/biomed/workshops95.html

                             * * * * * * * * * *

			PITTSBURGH SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER

			     BIOMEDICAL  INITIATIVE
		       STRUCTURE DETERMINATION USING NMR
				June 25-28, 1995

				APPLICATION

Name:________________________________________________________________________

Affiliation:_________________________________________________________________

Address:_____________________________________________________________________
                                  (Business)
_____________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________
                                    (Home)
____________________________________________________________________________

Telephone:  ____________________              ______________________
                (Business)                            (Home)

*Social Security Number:  _______-_____-_______    Citizenship: ____________

Electronic Mail Address:____________________________________________________

Status: ___Graduate  ___Post-doctoral Fellow  ___Faculty  ___Other (specify)

Please indicate specifically any special housing, transportation or dietary
arrangements you will need:  _______________________________________________

How did you learn about this workshop? _____________________________________

REQUIREMENTS:

Applicants must submit a completed application form and a cover letter. The
letter should describe, in one or two paragraphs, your current research and
how participating in the workshop will enhance this research.  Please
include a brief statement describing your level of experience with computers.
Faculty members, staff and post-docs should provide a curriculum vita.
Graduate students must have a letter of recommendation from a faculty member.

Please return all application materials by APRIL 28, 1995 to:

          Biomedical Workshop Applications Committee
          Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
          4400 Fifth Avenue, Suite 230C
          Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Direct inquiries to: Nancy Blankenstein, [email-masked] or 412/268-4960.

*Disclosure of Social Security Number is voluntary.

PSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age,
creed, national or ethnic origin, or handicap.