Subject: Global Arrays programming environment

From: [email-masked] (Jaroslaw Nieplocha)
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 1995 17:05:12 -0800 (PST)

The release 2.0 of the Global Array (GA) toolkit is now available for
public distribution.

The GA toolkit provides a portable "shared-memory" NUMA programming
environment.  The GA allows each process in a MIMD parallel program
asynchronously access logical blocks of physically distributed
matrices, without need for explicit cooperation by other processes.

Global Arrays have been used at Pacific Northwest Laboratory, Argonne
National Laboratory and elsewhere in several computational chemistry
codes for the following problems: Hartree-Fock SCF, Density Functional
Theory, second-order Moller-Plesset Perturbation, Multi-Reference
Configuration Interaction, and Coupled Cluster.

                       Supported Platforms:
Cray T3D,
IBM SP-1/2,
Intel iPSC/860, Delta, Paragon,
KSR-1/2,
networks of single- and multi-processor workstations:
  SUN, IBM, DEC, and SGI (including Power Challenge)

                          Distribution:

anonymous ftp: ftp.pnl.gov   directory: /pub/global   file: global2.0.tar.Z

                      More Information about GA:

http://www.emsl.pnl.gov:2080/docs/global/ga.html

J.Nieplocha, RJ Harrison, RJ Littlefield, "Global Arrays: a portable 'shared
memory' programming model for distributed memory computers", Supercomputing'94,
pp. 340-349. (a copy is also distributed with the toolkit)