Subject: CCL support

From: Charles Letner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 12:12:07 -0800 (PST)

Let me chime in and say, I to am disappointed.  Do people really think
that the CCL isn't usefull?  Hey if you had time to read/post to the CCL
then you have time to write a letter.  If you don't wite in support, then
you cannot complain when the CCL is shut down due to lack of support. 
Regards,
Chuck

Charles Letner
Wright State University
Department of Biochemistry
Dayton, OH 45435
e-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Jing Kong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 21:19:44 -0400 (AST)

Dear netters,

	I have to admit that I just read the Jan's proposal today; so I 
am one of those who should be ashamed of :-(.  My impression of that 
proposal is that things like international conferences, workshops and some 
sort of organization sound too ambitious.  I thought that the 
info_highway would make communication and learning simpler and easier.

	Anyways, I think Jan's effort can't be overestimated and many of us owe 
him a lot.  It would be unreasonable and unfair to ask him or anyone else 
to continue the job of management without funding.  I do think there 
should be a change.  I guess what I would like see is that Jan gets some 
funding so that he can be freed from some of his current researching and/or 
teaching duties.  But then the money will bring in some constraints.  
Right now, we enjoy complete freedom on Internet and everything is done 
on volunteering basis.  So I don't know.

	I have to say that I don't intend to open the discussion of 
Jan's proposal, although I am sort of curious what other people think.

Regards,

Jing