Subject: Support letters

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 15:55:33 -0500

It is me again...

Thank you for all who are sending the letters. My FAX was hard at work today.
I will soon send you confirmations/thanks. You still have plenty of time
(two weeks) to send a letter if you did not do so. As I stressed, it is
much more preferable that they are paper/FAX letters rather than e-mail.
This is how the system still works, and pritout of e-mail is still not
considered a "formal style".

Sorry for taking the bandwidth again (there was too much already about
the letters of support on the list). Please send me your comments directly,
so we do not distract ourselves from the topic of this list -- Computational
Chemistry. Some people suggested that I should put a form letter. While,
I agree, this is a neat idea, the problem is that these letters WILL BE READ,
NOT COUNTED. And persons who will read these letters will surely be interested
in what people think about the list, rather than what I think (I will have my
page limit to put my ideas there). Moreover, your ideas, suggestions, and
reactions are very important to me. Last but not least, it is also a big and
binding decision for me. 

I will keep you posted on how situation developes. Also, I will for sure
change some ideas in the proposal when I submit/resubmit it based on your
comments and ideas. By big thank for all who helped, and I still hope that
more of you will help me to save the list. There are several options which
I am pursuing, and when I am free to talk about it, I will. What are the
chances that list will be funded? My estimate is that it will be around
the ratio of letters_received/total_subscribers.

And now, please, let us go back to Computational Chemistry.

Thank you again for your support,
Jan
[email-masked]
-- 

Dr. Jan K. Labanowski, Senior Research/Supercomputer Scientist/Specialist, etc.
Ohio Supercomputer Center, 1224 Kinnear Rd, Columbus, OH 43212-1163
ph:(614)-292-9279,  FAX:(614)-292-7168,  E-mail: [email-masked]  [email-masked]