Subject: Call for Pap-ers - 1995 Fall ACS Meeting, Chicago

From: GUENTER GRETHE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 1995 12:55:25 -0800 (PST)

Note: This message is being sent to multiple lists. My apologies if you receive
it more than once.

			CALL FOR PAPERS
			===============

The Division of Chemical Information (CINF) of ACS is soliciting papers
for a symposium on "Use of Chemical Information in Generating New Compound
Leads" to be held at the 1995 Fall ACS Meeting in Chicago, August 20 - 25.

The symposium will focus on the importance of chemical information in 
generating new leads in the biomedical, agrochemical and other areas. 
Presentations will discuss the availability of various data sources,
online and inhouse, for the lead generation process. Manipulation of the
data for modelling, structure-activity (property) relationship studies,
synthesis planning and other activities to effectively generate new leads
will be discussed. Papers describing the various approaches to lead 
generation, from traditional to building compound libraries, are solicited.

If you are interested in contributing to this symposium, send a short summary
highlighting the topics you wish to address and the length of your planned
presentation by March 31, 1995, to the address listed below, preferrably by
e-mail. Please, do not send your reply to the list.  Papers describing any
success stories are very welcomed; vendors are invited to present research-
based papers but are asked to avoid sales pitches. 

You will be informed about the acceptance of your paper by April 10.
Official ACS abstracts are due by April 30, 1995.

Send your summary or any inquiries to:

			Guenter Grethe
			CINF Program Chairman
			c/o MDL Information Systems, Inc.
			14600 Catalina Street
			San Leandro, CA 94577
			Tel: (510) 895-1313, ext.1430
			Fax: (510) 614-3652
			e-mail: [email-masked]