Subject: 11th ICCCRE

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 15:31:57 -0500 (EST)

Subject: 11th ICCCRE

I have ben asked to pass on the following information about this meeting.
Please address all replies to the people in Paris.

Thanx

Steve Heller, USDA, ARS, Plant Genome Program
Bldg. 005, Room 337
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Phone: 301-504-6055  FAX:  301-504-6231

XIth INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTERS IN
CHEMICAL RESEARCH AND EDUCATION

     The XIth ICCCRE will be held in Paris (France), at Cite
Internationale Universitaire, between the 17th and 21st of July 
1995. 

The topics selected for emphasis are:

          Chemical Information Technology
          Chemical databases: Data, Information and Knowledge
          Computer-assisted Structural Elucidation and Spectral   
            Simulation
          Recent advances in Chemometrics
          Modelling and Molecular Graphics
          Drug design and QSAR
          Synthesis Design, Reaction Prediction
          Computer in Chemical Education

Schedule:

Monday :    Chemical Information Technology and Data Bases
Tuesday :   Assisted Design: Simulation, 
                Elucidation and Synthesis
Wednesday : Chemical Education
Thursday :  Modelling and Molecular Graphics
Friday :    Drug Design and QSAR

This meeting encompasses 12 plenary lectures, 29 oral
contributions and 2 poster sessions.  An exhibition of commercial
software is also foreseen.

Plenary Lectures:

S. Heller (USA) : Chemistry on the Internet.

Y. Wolman (Israel) : Use of the Internet in Chemical Education

M.F. Lynch (United Kingdom) : Automatic Extraction of Chemical.
        Structure Information from the Text of Patents.

K. Varmuza (Austria) : Structure Elucidation in Trace Analysis
        by Spectrometry/Chemometrics: Old Frontiers and 
        New Approaches.

T. Wipke (USA) : New Directions in Synthesis Planning.

C. Zheng (China) : CASE - Computer Assisted Structure Elucidation 
     Efficient Use of Unambiguous 2D NMR Correlation Information 
     in Practical CASE for Natural Products.

J.-L. Rivail (France) : Modelling Reactivity in Complex Chemical 
        Systems: Solutions, Enzymes, Solid Surfaces.

J. Weber (Switzerland) : Recent Progresses in the Modelling of
        Organometallic Systems.

G.W.A. Milne (USA) : 3D Modelling Of Protein-Substrate 
        Interactions.

J. Gasteiger (Germany) : Using Nature's Methods to Understand
        Biological Activity Neural Networks and Genetic           
        Algorithms.

G. Klopman (USA) : META a New Program for the Prediction of
        Metabolic Transformations.

W. Karcher (Italy) : The Use of Computer Based QSAR Models in
        The Assessment of Chemical Risks in the European Union.

Oral and Poster Communications: deadline for submission: 15 May
1995.

Conference Registration Fee (including lunches)
        before 1 June 1995      2300 FF
        after  1 June 1995      3000 FF
Student Registration (including lunches)
        before 1 June 1995      1800 FF
        after  1 June 1995      2500 FF
Accompanying person              500 FF

     If you would like further information or would like to
submit an abstract for a contribution or poster in one of the
above sessions then please contact Prof. J.P. Doucet or Prof. A.
Panaye at :

Conference Chairman : J.-P. Doucet
Secretariat Conference : A. Panaye
Institut de Topologie et de Dynamique des Systemes
1 rue Guy de la Brosse
75005 Paris - France
Tel : 33.1.44.27.44.12
Fax : 33.1.44.27.60.53
e-mail : [email-masked]