Subject: Spelling question

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey L. Nauss)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 14:10:50 -0500

Sorry about the rather mundane question but...

We have a minor controversy here.  What is the correct spelling 
for van der Waals parameters or forces?

Is it:

	a. van der Waal's parameters (lower case v and apostrophy)
	b. Van der Waal's parameters (upper case v and apostrophy)
	c. van der Waals parameters (lower case v and no apostrophy)
	d. Van der Waals parameters (upper case v and no apostrophy)
	e. some other permutation?

Any comments from journal editors out there?

Thanks in advance.  I will report a concensus opinion (if any) for the
net.

						Jeff Nauss

****************************************************************************
*  UU    UU             Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD                              *
*  UU    UU             Director, Molecular Modeling Services              *
*  UU    UU             Department of Chemistry                            *
*  UU    UU CCCCCCC     University of Cincinnati                           *
*   UU  UU CCCCCCCC     Cincinnati, OH 45221-0172                          *
*    UUUU CC                                                               *
*         CC            Telephone: 513-556-0148    Fax: 513-556-9239       *
*         CC                                                               *
*          CCCCCCCC     e-mail: [email-masked]                    *
*           CCCCCCC     http://ucmodl.che.uc.edu/~nauss/homepage.html      *
****************************************************************************