Subject: malloc etc. on DEC Alpha

From: Mrigank <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 95 10:36:19 +0530

HI

I am finding in using 'malloc' family or routines[malloc, free etc.] on our DEC
alpha machines running OSF/1. whenever they are called the program gives
segmentaion fault or memory fault and aborts. The code works very fine on other
machines. These are veru eesential in many huge comp. chem programs where
memory need to allocated as needed rather than fixed arrays and i can not
change the developed code for it is pain as well as not usefull.

ANy one out there have any experience ?

mrigank
----
/Mrigank                             \/ Phone  +91 172 690557               \
\Institute of Microbial Technology   /\ Email:  [email-masked]     /
/Sector 39A,                         \/ FAX: +91 172 690585                 \
\Chandigarh 160 014 India.           /\                                     /
 \//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//  
-- When I feed the poor, they call me saint. When I ask why the poors do
   not have food, they call me communist - Archbishop Camaran