Subject: Summary of chemistry WWW sites

From: "JIANGUO SUN, CHEMISTRY DEPT., MARQUETTE U." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 19:39:50 -0600 (CST)

Dear netters:
	To reponse the requests from many people who are also interested in
Chemistry WWW sites, I summarized the replies here. Thanks for all your helps.

Jianguo

**************************************************************************
My original question was: 

>	Could anyone tell me where I can find some WWW webs about chemistry
>resources? I need some samples (any chemistry) to build ours. 

The replies are:
                
#1 ****************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Jan Labanowski" 13-MAR-1995 22:27:50.91

Did you try:

http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html

and clicked on hypertext in "Other Sites of Interest?" Then you can usually
download the pages and save them as files, and see what other people do.

Jan
[email-masked]

#2 ***************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Gerd Thys" 14-MAR-1995 00:37:40.88

Feel free to have a look at my WWW-page... I have collected more than 100 
links to chemistry-related resources. 

You can access my Chemistry-page through  

http://www.uia.ac.be/u/thys/chem.html

or if you want, you can also look at my root-page, which includes other 
(=non-chemistry) interesting stuff:

http://www.uia.ac.be/u/thys/index.html

hope this is of any help

best regards 

Gerd 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerd Thys                        Ph.D. Student
Structural Chemistry Group
University of Antwerp (UIA)
Universiteitsplein 1             E-mail: [email-masked]
B-2610 wilrijk                   URL: http://www.uia.ac.be/u/thys/index.html
BELGIUM 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Niels van der Laag" 14-MAR-1995 01:56:44.96

Hi there,

I'm a student at the university of Nijmegen, The Netherlands.

The students here have there WWW-pages. Unfortunaly the depart-
ment not yet.

The address is:
  http://www.sci.kun.nl/sigma/

Succes
Niels van der Laag
student computational chemistry

#4 ************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 14-MAR-1995 02:57:20.92

Hi!,
	An very complete, but not exhaustive index lists are of
chemistry homepage is at

	http://www.chem.ucla.edu/chempointers.html

							take care.
							Noy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-mail:   [email-masked] (University of Innsbruck)
          [email-masked] (Bangkok)  (Permanent E-mail address)
Homepage  http://www-c724.uibk.ac.at/noy/       
          http://atc.atccu.chula.ac.th/noyhome/    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
***  Love is easy to start but hard to stop

#5 ********************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Georg Ostertag" 14-MAR-1995 03:49:04.11

I send you the adresses of 4 chemistry - www servers in germany which are my
preferred:

http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/index.html
Freie Universitaet Berlin CHEMnet WWW Entry Point
      ==> outfit very interesting!

http://www.pc.chemie.th-darmstadt.de/
Physical Chemistry, Technische Hochschule Darmstadt

http://derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de/ccc-welcome.html
CCC (Computer Chemistry Club) Erlangen HOMEPAGE

http://pctc.chemie.uni-erlangen.de/fakultaet/chemie.html
Erlangen - Chemie

Hope this helps.

Georg.

#6 **************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "CCC Webmaster" 14-MAR-1995 06:01:35.78

You are invited to have a look at the WWW pages of the
CCC (Computer Chemistry Center) in Erlangen     URL =
http://www.organik.uni-erlangen.de/

Good webbing                       A.Dransfeld as 
                   ( [email-masked] )

#7 ***************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 14-MAR-1995 06:59:32.20

<html>
<head>
<TITLE>Chemistry Home Page</TITLE>
</head>
<body>
<H1>Chemistry Home Page</H1>
<h2> Some sites </h2>
<ul>
<LI> <A HREF="http://www.iii.net/biz/phoenix.html">Phoenix Polymers, Inc.</A>,
a compounder of proprietary engineering thermoplastics </b>
<LI> Lists of Internet Chemistry Resources at<UL>
<li> <a href="http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/Chem/first/mallet.html">
  University of Texas at Austin Chemistry Library</a>.
<LI> <A HREF="http://hackberry.chem.niu.edu:70/0/cheminf.html">Northern
Illinois University, Department of Chemistry</A>
<LI><A HREF="gopher://gopher.tc.umn.edu:70/11/Libraries/Reference%20Books/Elements">Periodic Table of Elements, </A>
<LI><A HREF="http://www.rpi.edu/dept/chem/cheminfo/chemres.html"> Guide 
<li><A HREF="http://hackberry.chem.niu.edu:70/0/webpage.html"> Northern Illinois University Chemistry Server</a>
<li><A HREF="http://ccl.net/chemistry.html"> Ohio SuperComputer Comp. Chem.</a> (CCL) (Jan Labanowski's) Chem Page
<li><A HREF="http://www.chem.ucla.edu/chempointers.html">Chemistry Servers</a> from UCLA
</ul>

<H2><A Name="WWW_FTP">Anonymous FTP Servers</H2>
<UL>
<LI><A HREF="file://qcpe6.chem.indiana.edu">QCPE</A>
<LI><A HREF="file://www.ccl.net/pub/chemistry/">OSC Chemistry Archive</A>

<LI><A HREF="file://oak.oakland.edu/pub/msdos/chemistry/">Simtel DOS/Windows Chemistry Software</A>
<LI><A HREF="file://ra.nrl.navy.mil/MacSciTech/chem/">MacSciTech, Chemistry Software</A>
<LI><A HREF="file://archive.umich.edu/mac/misc/chemistry/">U Mich, Chemistry Software</A>
<LI><A HREF="file://sumex-aim.stanford.edu/info-mac/sci/">Sumex Macintosh Science Software</A>
<LI><A HREF="file://truth.chem.sfu.ca/pub/">Chemistry tutorials</A>
</ul>
</body>
</html>

-- 
Sincerely, Thomas Pierce - [email-masked]  -  Computational Chemist
"These opinions are those of the writer and not the Rohm and Haas Company."

#8 ******************************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Victor M. Rosas Garcia" 14-MAR-1995 07:40:29.09

You can get started with these sites:

<a href="http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html">Ohio Supercomputer Center</a><p>
<a href="http://www.chem.vt.edu/Yip/www.html">WWW Chem Servers</a><p>
<a href="http://galaxy.einet.net/galaxy/Science/Chemistry.html">Chemistry
Page</a> (EINET)<p>
<a href="http://csdvx2.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/">Cambridge Crystallographic Data
Center</a><p>
<a href="http://www.geom.umn.edu/">The Geometry Center</a><p>
<a href="http://strange.engr.washington.edu/index.html">Magnetic Resonance Home
Page</a><p>
<a href="http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/IRL/ANIM/Anim.html#anims">WSU Computer
Animations</a><p>

Hope this helps.

Victor.

#9 *****************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 14-MAR-1995 08:07:05.73

You can try our site (which has not been officially opened to the
public) at http://ucmodl.che.uc.edu/ucchem.html.

Also, many people find the UCLA site useful
(http://www.chem.ucla.edu/chempointers.html).  Personally, I find it
too cluttered.

Two other places you may like are:

	Duke - http://www.chem.duke.edu/
	SUNY-Binghamton - http://chemiris.chem.binghamton.edu:8080/

Good luck.

						Jeff Nauss

****************************************************************************
*  UU    UU             Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD                              *
*  UU    UU             Director, Molecular Modeling Services              *
*  UU    UU             Department of Chemistry                            *
*  UU    UU CCCCCCC     University of Cincinnati                           *
*   UU  UU CCCCCCCC     Cincinnati, OH 45221-0172                          *
*    UUUU CC                                                               *
*         CC            Telephone: 513-556-0148    Fax: 513-556-9239       *
*         CC                                                               *
*          CCCCCCCC     e-mail: [email-masked]                    *
*           CCCCCCC     http://ucmodl.che.uc.edu/~nauss/homepage.html      *
****************************************************************************

#10 ********************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 14-MAR-1995 09:13:06.03

Here two good sites to get you started:

http://akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/Science/Chemistry/

http://www.chem.ucla.edu/chempointers.html

and a couple of my all time favorites:

http://www.nih.gov/molecular_modeling/gateway.html

http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/GIC/

Hope this helps get you started,

L. Kraig Steffen
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Fairfield University,
Fairfield CT  06430

203 254-4000 ext 2254
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

#11 ***********************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Ezequiel Q. Morales" 14-MAR-1995 11:22:38.17

Hi,
	I have several addresses that can be interesting for you:

Scientific Web Resources
	 http://boris.qub.ac.uk/edward/index.html
Science:Chemistry
	http://akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/Science/Chemistry
Organic Chemistry Resources
	http://www.chem.vt.edu/chem-ed/org-home.html
NMR Information Server
	http://micro.ifas.ufl.edu
Chemist's Art Gallery
	http://www.csc.fi/lul/chem/graphics.html

	Enjoy them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ezequiel Quintana Morales
Washington University, School of Medicine
Dept. of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology
Campus Box 8103, 660 S. Euclid Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Tel: + 1 314 362 29 87
Fax: + 1 314 362 70 58
e-Mail: [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#12 ******************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 14-MAR-1995 11:25:09.49

Try
http://akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/Science/Chemistry/
and
http://wwwhost.cc.utexas.edu/world/instruction/index.html
and 
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/local/organic/

if you produce a list please let me know.

#########################################################
# Dr. Jeff Gosper                                       #
# Dept. of Chemistry		                        #
# BRUNEL University                                     #
# Uxbridge Middx UB8 3PH                                #
# voice:  0895 274000 x2187                             #
# facsim: 0895 256844                                   #
# internet/email/work:   [email-masked]    # 
# internet/WWW: http://http2.brunel.ac.uk:8080/~castjjg #
#########################################################

#13 ********************************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 14-MAR-1995 12:49:36.44

you may look at my page of net link tools
http://copsg2.pharm.arizona.edu/~bear
	please leave an email there to let me know what you think

bear

  ___         __                          ___   _____  ___   _____  ___    
 (___        l .)                        /\  \ /  \  \#\  \ /  \  \/\  \ / 
  ___)OARING |__)EAR                      /\  \  / \  \#\  \  / \  \ \  \  
Cyber-Chemist, Molecular Design             \__\/   \__\#\_.\/   \__\ \__\/
[email-masked]                        N+  O-Tyr-topo
UA New Pharmacy 404 Tucson 85721              
   Topoisomerase reference URL: http://copsg2.pharm.arizona.edu/~bear/top/top
   *                                                                     /
  \|/     Listening may be the most important thing we do today!        (=)

#14 ********************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 14-MAR-1995 18:35:03.99

Try http://www.rpi.edu/dept/chem/cheminfo/chemres.html

Cheers,

Dave
__________________________________________________________________________

   Dr. David A. Winkler                        Voice: 61-3-542-2244
   Principal Research Scientist                Fax:   61-3-543-8160
   CSIRO Division of Chemicals and Polymers
   Private Bag 10                              CSIRO: http://www.csiro.au
   Clayton, Australia.

#15 ****************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 14-MAR-1995 18:48:33.95

I know a place in stanford which provides rich informations on chemistry
http://akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/Science/Chemistry/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Henry Hongyu Zhang		 |  [email-masked]
Molecular Design Laboratory      |  Tel: 861-2501490
Institute of Physical Chemistry  |  Fax: 861-2501725
Peking University                |
Peking 100871 , China		 | 

#16 **********************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 15-MAR-1995 00:37:51.40

 you can find in:

http://akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/

an interactive index about any field.

About chemistry, one good site to jump to another is :

http://www2.shef.ac.uk/chemistry/chemistry-home.html

Have a nice trip ...

					Augusto Cesar

----------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
					|
 Augusto Cesar de Camargo Neto - Pateta	| Keith Nelson: You can't judge a
          Universitat Jaume I      	| ------------- book by its cover ...
 Departament de Ciencies Experimentales |
       Grupo de Quimica Quantica 	| Watts: Yeah, but you can tell how 
               Apartat 224		| -----  much it's gonna cost.
            12008 - Castello		|
                 Spain	 	        |      in Some Kind of Wonderfull (1987)
				        |---------------------------------------
     Phone: +34 64 34-5700 ext. 2309	|
          Fax:   +34 64 34-5654		| John Keating: Carpe diem !!!
 	 				| ------------
      e-mail: [email-masked]     |
					|           in Dead Poets Society (1989)
----------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

#17 ********************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "William T. Winter" 15-MAR-1995 01:40:32.88

http://glucose.esf.edu

which I have not announced publicly but which does have lots of pointers.
you are welcome to look
warning, since I am still doing a lot of tinkering, this site shuts down 
without warning  aperiodically
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Dr. William T. Winter                  Phone: (315)470-6876
315 Baker Lab                          FAX:   (315)470-6856
SUNY-ESF                               Internet: [email-masked]
Syracuse, NY 13210-2786 

#18 *****************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Wang Arthur" 15-MAR-1995 02:09:13.85

You will find the following address helpful:
http://www.rpi.edu/dept/chem/cheminfo/chemres.html

Good luck.

Arthur

+-----------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                           |
|    Arthur Wang                     Doctoral Candidate     | 
|                                                           |            
|    Molecular Design Lab                                   |
|    Institute of Physical Chemistry, Peking University     |
|    Beijing 100871, P.R.China                              |
|                                                           |
|    E-mail: [email-masked]               |
|    Telephone: 86-1-2501490                                |
|    WWW: ftp://162.105.177.1/sys/www/arthur/homepage.html  |
|         http://www.ipc.pku.edu.cn/arthur/homepage.html    |
|                                                           |
+-----------------------------------------------------------+

#19 *****************************************
From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Robert K. Szilagyi" 16-MAR-1995 01:25:36.52

Try our server! We have some excellent links to chemistry related documents!

	Good luck,

			Rob
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Robert K. Szilagyi                        University of Veszprem   METMOD FF
research fellow                           Dept. Org. Chem.            L1
Email: [email-masked]             Veszprem, H-8201         L2 |   R1
       [email-masked]         Egyetem u. 10              >W=C<
Phone: +36-(88)-422022/137                P.O.Box 158              L3 |   R2
FAX:   +36-(88)-426016                    HUNGARY                     L4
http://indy.mars.vein.hu:8000/molmod.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~