Subject: 1995 course schedule

From: [email-masked] (Chris Van Dyke)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 95 13:23:28 -0600

Tripos, Inc., announces its course schedule for the remainder of 1995.
These courses are application-based and are designed to achieve specific
research results through use of Tripos software.  For more information, please
contact Tripos at (800) 323-2960 or send E-mail to [email-masked].

Training Sites
==============
CA: Mountain View
MO: St. Louis
NC: Research Triangle Park
NJ: Parsippany

Course schedule
===============
Introductory Molecular Modeling	
	CA	July 25-26
	NC	April 25-26
	NJ	August 8-9
Biopolymer Modeling Techniques	
	CA	July 27-28
	NC	April 27-28
	NJ	August 10-11
NMR Data Processing and Analysis	
	MO	May 9-11
	MO	September 26-28
Innovative Solutions for Compound Discovery	
	CA	December 5-6
	MO	May 22-23
	NC	November 7-8
Molecular Diversity Manager	
	CA	December 7-8
	MO	May 22-23
	NC	November 9-10

Course Descriptions
===================
Introductory Molecular Modeling (2 days)
--  This course covers molecular visualization techniques and 
conformational analysis.  Users will gain hands-on experience building 
molecules, determining realistic molecular geometry, comparing molecular 
structures, calculating atomic charges, and displaying molecular surfaces 
and properties.  Molecular flexibility will be explored using systematic 
and stochastic search methods, as well as molecular dynamics.  An introduction 
will be given to various modeling methods and their applicability to different 
situations.
--  Participants in this course need no prior experience with Sybyl.

Biopolymer Modeling Techniques (2 days)
--  This course covers biopolymer visualization techniques as well as 
energy-based and knowledge-based methods of biopolymer modeling.  Users will 
learn to construct biological macromolecules and enhance their graphical 
depiction.  Techniques will be explored to study ligand-receptor and 
protein-solvent interactions, as well as protein conformations and motion.  
Effects of site-point mutations will be studied.  Finally, participants will 
gain experience in deriving the tertiary structure of proteins from their 
primary structures.  
--  Participants in this course need no prior experience with Sybyl.

NMR Data Processing and Analysis (3 days)
--  This course covers processing and analysis of NMR Spectra, and 
structural refinement from NMR data.  Users will learn to transform FID 
to spectra and identify informational peaks.  Users will also gain experience 
in assigning atoms to peaks in NMR spectra.  Finally, users will learn to 
determine interatomic distance constraints from volumes of peaks in NMR 
spectra and generate molecular conformations based on these distance 
constraints.
--  Participants in this course need no prior experience with Sybyl.

Innovative Solutions for Compound Design (2 days)
--  This course covers pharmacophore model development and lead compound 
generation.  Users will gain hands-on experience in determining a pharmacophore,
in the absence of detailed information about essential binding groups.  In 
addition, regions surrounding a series of biologically active molecules where 
steric or electrostatic interactions play a significant role in activity will 
be elucidated.  Database searching strategies and de novo compound design 
tools will be used to generate lead compounds.
--  Participants in this course should have experience in the topics 
covered in the Introductory Molecular Modeling course.

Molecular Diversity Manager (2 days)
--  This course covers the analysis of mass screening data and structures, 
and statistical analysis.  Course participants will learn methods of accessing 
and analyzing structural data in chemical information systems.  Users will gain
experience in building and managing combinatorial libraries, through reactant- 
or product-based entries.  Users will also learn to select sets of compounds 
from these libraries based on molecular diversity or similarity.  Rational 
selection criteria will be explored, as well as tools for making selections 
based on these criteria.
--  Participants in this course should have experience in the topics 
covered in the Introductory Molecular Modeling course.