Subject: Summary of modeling on A-beta Amyloid

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 15:10:46 -0500 (EST)

Dear Netters,

Two weeks ago, I submitted a question about modeling
on A beta Amyloid. I only got three responses, and 
two of them are asking a summary of the respose. 

Anyways, many thanks to everyone who responsed me, 
especially to Roger Mee.

Yingduo Gao
[email-masked]
317-277-3439 (o)
317-277-1125 (FAX)

************** 1 **************** 
>From "[email-masked]"

Please do, or at least send me a copy of the responses.

Thank you.

************** 2 ****************
>From "[email-masked]"  "Roger Mee"

Hi,

I have had a little interest in this area. I did some work in which I carried
out MD simulations on the Tm domain of beta amyloid and a number of then known
familial mutants. The idea was to identify differences in conformational
propensity between mutants and normal beta amyloid and so perhasp get some sort
of an idea on the effect at a structural level of these mutations. There seemed
to be some trends there towards mutants inducing a greater destabilisation of a
helix, the degree of which may have correlated with age of onset data fro the
various forms. I wrote up this for a poster at the 1992 US Neuroscience meeting
put didn't follow it up as it wasn't deemed particularly commercially relevant
to us at Proteus.
Also the following was posted some time ago..

From: BILL WELSH <[email-masked]>

Dear Netters,

I would appreciate hearing about any recent (1990+) published work on
Alzheimer's and related diseases that employs computational chemistry,
molecular modeling, and/or computer-aided drug design methods.  Thanks.

Bill Welsh
Dept. of Chemistry
Univ. of Missouri-St. Louis
St. Louis, MO 63121
(314) 553-5318

Bill may be worth contacting to see if he has progressed with this.
I'll be interested to know if there has been interesting modelling work done on
this.

Roger

************** 3****************
>From "[email-masked]"  "Mrigank"

Pls. send me the summary. I am interested in same

Mrigank

From: GAO YING-DUO NONLILLY         (MCVAX0::RXX2505)

To:   VMS MAIL ADDRESSEE            (IN::"[email-masked]")