Subject: CCL: Conference Announcement

From: COY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 95 13:37:31 -0400

12th Canadian Symposium on Theoretical Chemistry
         12i
me Symposium Canadien sur la Chimie Thorique

                        Fredericton, 6-11 August/Aot 1995

         Co-chairmen: William J. Meath and Ajit J. Thakkar

     The 12th Canadian Symposium on Theoretical Chemistry will be held
August 6-11, 1995 at the Wu Conference Centre, University of New
Brunswick, Fredericton, NB, under the co-chairmanship of William J.
Meath (University of Western Ontario) and Ajit J. Thakkar (University of
New Brunswick).  The program will include invited papers and contributed
posters in all areas of theoretical chemistry.  The topics selected for
emphasis are:

* Structure, properties and dynamics of weakly interacting systems
* Condensed phases from clusters to solids
            and from dynamics to bulk properties
* Laser-molecule interactions: dynamics to spectroscopy
* Kinetics and reaction dynamics
* Molecular properties
* Surfaces and interfaces
* Materials design
* Computer simulation and statistical mechanics
* Quantum chemistry: methods and applications
* Novel computational and mathematical techniques
* Biochemical systems

Invited Speakers           Invited Speakers             Session chairs
J.M. Andre (Belgium)       J.N. Murrell (England)       R.J. Boyd
A.D. Bandrauk (Canada)     J. Oddershede (Denmark)      T. Carrington, Jr.
R.J. Bartlett (U.S.A.)     S.D. Peyerimhoff (Germany)   R.S. Dumont
D.M. Bishop (Canada)       P. Pyykko (Finland)          I.P. Hamilton
P. Botschwina (Germany)    H.A. Rabitz (U.S.A.)         W.G. Laidlaw
P.W. Brumer (Canada)       M.A. Ratner (U.S.A.)         T.T. Nguyen-Dang
D. Ceperley (U.S.A.)       A. Rauk (Canada)             J. Paldus
E.R. Davidson (U.S.A.)     S.A. Rice (U.S.A.)           G.N. Patey
C.E. Dykstra (U.S.A.)      D.R. Salahub (Canada)        R.A. Poirier
J.T. Hynes (U.S.A.)        P. Saxe (U.S.A.)             S.M. Rothstein
B. Jeziorski (Poland)      H.A. Scheraga (U.S.A.)       B.C. Sanctuary
W.L. Jorgensen (U.S.A.)    K.C. Showalter (U.S.A.)      V.H. Smith, Jr.
R.E. Kapral (Canada)       J. Simons (U.S.A.)           S.G. Whittington
H.J. Kreuzer (Canada)      D.W. Sumners (U.S.A.)        J.S. Wright
R.J. LeRoy (Canada)        D.G. Truhlar (U.S.A.)        M.C. Zerner
W. Meyer (Germany)         D.M. Wardlaw (Canada)        T. Ziegler
P.G. Mezey (Canada)        K.B. Whaley (U.S.A.)
W.H. Miller (U.S.A.)       W. Yang (U.S.A.)
D.J. Moore (Switzerland)

     Contributed papers are welcome in all areas of theoretical
chemistry.  All contributed papers will be given in poster format.  For
registration forms, contact the Conference Secretary, 12th CSTC,
Department of Chemistry, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB
E3B 6E2, Canada.
Fax:  506-453-4981.  Internet:  [email-masked]