Subject: Re: Molecular Modeling Packages for ALPHA systems

From: [email-masked] (Joel Polowin)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 11:45:30 -0500

My predecessor on customer support, Graham Hurst, corrected errors that
I made in a recent posting:

> At the moment, the software that we have for the DEC Alpha is the back-end
> modules, which let the heavy number-crunching be off-loaded from the
> PC front end to a network-linked UNIX box.  We can work under OSF/AXP 1.2;
> under NT or USF but not on a DEC VAX.  (The back-end modules are also
> available for SGI Irix 4.0 to 4.0.5F and 5.2, and IBM AIX 3.2.5 and 4.0 .)

In fact, we have a version of HyperChem for Windows NT on the DEC Alpha; it 
is the complete software package, functionally the same as the Windows
version.  We do not have backends that run under NT, though the NT version
can run backends on other systems.  I apologize for the errors.

Regards,
Joel

------------
Joel Polowin, Ph.D.   Manager, Scientific Support
Email to: [email-masked] 

Hypercube Inc, 7-419 Phillip St, Waterloo, Ont, Canada N2L 3X2 (519)725-4040
Info requests to: [email-masked]    Support questions to: [email-masked]
Email group: Send "subscribe hyperchem" to [email-masked]