Subject: meeting at UMIST

From: Jonathan Connor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 11:59:24 +0100 (BST)

Forwarded message:
Delivery-Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 10:04:06 +0100
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 09:50:15 BST
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
X-List: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: list

Workshop on Chemical
Information Retrieval
UMIST
4 & 5 April 1995

This 2 day  workshop is aimed at chemists and information specialists who
wish to be introduced to or brought up-to-date with a broad range of both
structure and keyword based chemical information retrieval systems.
Emphasis will be on practical sessions (tailored to the needs of
individuals), with demonstrations and hands-on access to a number of
different databases provided by several hosts. We shall be using state of
the art PC and Macintosh machines.

Topics to be covered are:

	 	Introductions/Overview;
	 	Literature Searching - selection and use of databases, access and search
methods
	 	Chemical Reactions/Transformations - viable synthetic methods and
conditions when using databases
	 	Structure Searching -building molecules and substructures, and searching
for them on several databases including CAS Online
	 	Spectroscopy - NMR spectra prediction, searching databases of known
spectra
	 	Future Developments

For details: Dr M P Coward, Chemistry Department, UMIST,
PO BOX 88, Manchester M60 1QD.	Tel:061 200 4491
Email: [email-masked]	Fax:061 228 1250

-- 
******************************************************************************
 Professor J.N.L. Connor,     Phone(direct line): 061-275-4693 (national)
 Department of Chemistry,                     :+44-61-275-4693 (international)
 University of Manchester,
 Manchester M13 9PL,            Phone(secretary): 061-275-4686 or 4600
 England.                                    Fax: 061-275-4734 or 4598  
******************************************************************************