Subject: Fall ACS Symposium

From: Steve Cabaniss <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 1995 14:17:30 -0400 (EDT)

Final call for papers for Fall ACS (Chicago) Symposium
 
      Molecular Modeling and Environmental Computational Chemistry
 
  Applications of molecular modeling and computational chemistry to
    environmental problems, including organic pollutants, trace metals,
    aqueous, terrestrial and atmospheric systems, structure and function,
    reaction mechanisms, property prediction and database design, toxicology
 
    Please submit abstracts on ACS abstract forms by April 15.
 
    The division of environmental chemistry also requests 4-page extended
    abstracts suitable for photo-reproduction and distribution in the
    division's pre-conference abstract book.
 
    Organizers-
 
       Steve Cabaniss,  Dept. Chemistry, Kent State University, Kent, OH
       44242,  (216) 672-3731, FAX  (216) 672-3816,  [email-masked]
 
       Krish Namboodiri,  National Environmental Supercomputing Center, Martin
       Marietta Technical Services,  135  Washington Ave., Bay City, MI  48708
       [email-masked]  (517) 894-7661
 
       Sam Traina,  School of Geophysical Sciences,  Ohio State University,
       2021 Coffey Rd.,  Columbus, OH  43210  (614) 292-9037
       [email-masked]
 
    In addition to research presentations, an introductory tutorial session
and a concluding panel discussion are planned.  The former will introduce
novices to computational methods.  The latter will examine potential
developments, emphasizing current needs in environmental science and future
capabilities of computational methods.  Suggested questions for the panel
discussion should be directed to the organizers by April 15.