Subject: PROCHECK

From: Ramon Garduno <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 95 15:11:58 CDT

Dear Netters:

Today I sent an email to Dr. Roman Laskowski author of PROCHECK: a program
to check the stereochemical quality of protein structures (J. Appl. Crys.
V26:283 (1993)). the email address given in his paper is 
 [email-masked]        but all I got was 
 501 <[email-masked]>... 
 550 Host unknown (Name server: uk.ac.ucl.bioc.bsm: host not found)

Thus, my question is obvious.

Does any one of you know of his whereabouts?

It may help if you know that the address given in the paper was
Biomolecular Structure and Modelling Unit, Dept. of Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology, University College, Gower Street, London, England.

Cheers,

--

____________________________________________________________________________
		  	 Dr. Ramon Garduno-Juarez
                     Research Professor in Biophysics
INSTITUTO DE FISICA                  |  EMAIL:  [email-masked]
UNIVERSIDAD NAL. AUTONOMA DE MEXICO  |          [email-masked]
Laboratorio de Cuernavaca            |  VOICE:	(73)175388
Apdo. Postal 139-B                   |          (73)111611
62191 Cuernavaca, Morelos            |  FAX:	(73)111603
MEXICO                               |		(73)173077
___________________________________ EOF _____________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 18:03:34 -0500 (CDT)

> to check the stereochemical quality of protein structures (J. Appl. Crys.

To get PROCHECK you need to complete the license agreement available via
the PDB gopher site and return it to them.  I am appending the
information for acquiring this program:

**************************************************************************
We are pleased to announce that the Procheck software package is being
made available for electronic distribution from the PDB.  Oxford Molecular,
Ltd. and the PDB have agreed that, upon receipt of a signed license agreement
at the PDB, the source and documentation for Procheck will be made available
free of charge.  The Procheck software package which was created by J. M.
Thornton, M. W. MacArthur, R. A. Laskowski, and D. S. Moss, performs 
evaluations of the stereochemical quality of protein structures.

        In order to acquire a copy of Procheck, you must obtain the license
agreement, copies of which are available via ftp or gopher from the PDB in the
file called procheck-license.  You must complete and sign this license 
agreement, returning it to the PDB.  Once we have your signed agreement, we 
will either e-mail the source to you or place it on the machine of your choice 
via ftp.  Your signed license agreement will be forwarded to Oxford Molecular 
who will keep you up to date about further developments.  All queries 
concerning the software should be directed to Steve Gardner at Oxford 
Molecular at the address below.
        Dr. Steve Gardner
        Macromolecular Product Mananger
        Oxford Molecular, Ltd.
        The Magdalen Centre
        Oxford Science Park
        Sanford-on-Thames
        Oxford, England
        OX4 4GA
        (Tel: +44-865-784600)
*************************************************************************

>  550 Host unknown (Name server: uk.ac.ucl.bioc.bsm: host not found)

just do a 180 degree flip of everything after the @ symbol and it should
work fine.

Cheers
-raman
-- 
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/                           C.S.RAMAN                                  _/
   _/                   Department of Biochemistry                         _/
   _/            University of Texas Health Science Center                 _/
   _/                     7703 Floyd Curl Drive                            _/
   _/                  San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                          _/
   _/                              USA                                     _/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/                    Tel:     (210) 567-6623                           _/
   _/                    Fax:     (210) 567-6595                           _/
   _/                 E-mail:  [email-masked]                    _/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/  
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/      How can it be that mathematics, a product of human thought      _/ 
   _/      independent of experience, is so admirably adapted to the       _/ 
   _/      objects of reality?   "-Albert Einstein"                        _/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/