Subject: Electronic Session at August ACS MTG.

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Tom Pierce)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 14:13:39 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Folks,

Call for Abstracts: If you use the Internet to: Communicate,
Collaborate, or Educate - Then you should consider an
electronic poster here to share your learnings.     

The Computers and Chemistry Division of the ACS is sponsoring a
"Chemistry on the InfoBahn" symposium at the August '95 ACS Meeting
in Chicago. We are planning for one day of oral presentations and
and electronic presentation session for multimedia articles and
posters. The focus of the symposium is on using the Internet to
teach/publish/and probe chemical topics and issues. 

I KNOW you are out there, so use the new ELECTRONIC ACS FORM to
submit an abstract (http://www.ssd.intel.com/ACS/acs.html ).

The ACS meeting will be connected to the Internet during the 
conference. We plan on both a multimedia poster session (See you can 
even stay home and participate!) and if possible 
we will broadcast (MBONE) a few of the talks "live" over the Internet.

To participate, send in an abstract Real Soon Now (by April 19th).

Examples of electronic presentations are at:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/talks/  
and at 
http://hackberry.chem.niu.edu:70/0/ECCC/homepage.html

Send an ACS Paper Abstract to a session chair, either:

Dr. Thomas Pierce
Rohm and Haas Co.
P.O. Box 219
Bristol, PA 19007 U.S.A

Prof. Steven Bachrach
Department of Chemistry
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, Il 60115 U.S.A

Prof. Henry Rzepa,
Dept. of Chemistry
Imperial College,
LONDON SW7 2AY Great Britain

Reprise---------------------------------------------------------
Chemistry on the InfoBahn at the ACS
Chicago Meeting, August 20-24  1995

 |*|  A 150-word abstract on ACS Abstract
 |*|  Form are due by April 19, 1995

** Chemistry on the Infobahn - Dr. Thomas Pierce, Rohm and Haas Co.
P.O. Box 219 Bristol, PA 19007; Voice: (215) 785-8989; FAX (215) 781-4204;
email: [email-masked], Steven Bachrach, Department of Chemistry,
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Il 60115;voice: (815)753-6863;
Fax: (815)753-4802; email: [email-masked], Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept.
Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY; voice: (44) 171 594 5774 or
594 5809. Fax:  (44) 171 594 5804; email:  [email-masked],
World-Wide-Web URL: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html.

-- 
Sincerely, Thomas Pierce - [email-masked]  -  Computational Chemist
"These opinions are those of the writer and not the Rohm and Haas Company."