Subject: Announcement: Gaussian 94 now available

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 15:08:13 -0400 (EDT)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAUSSIAN, INC.
Carnegie Office Park
Building 6
Pittsburgh, PA 15106 USA

Phone  - 412-279-6700
Fax    - 412-279-2118
email  - [email-masked]

Gaussian, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Gaussian 94, the latest
development in the Gaussian series of programs.  Gaussian 94 is available
immediately for several computer platforms including Cray (UniCOS), DEC Alpha
AXP (OSF/1), HP-700 (HP-UX), IBM RS/6000 (AIX), and Silicon Graphics (IRIX). 
At this time, Convex (UNIX), Fujitsu (UXP/M), and NEC SX-3 (SuperUX) versions
of Gaussian 94 are not immediately available, but are in final testing.

Gaussian 94 continues the tradition of expanding the limits of computational
chemistry.  Among new features are magnetic properties, generalized cavity
solvation effects, and automated G1, G2 and Complete Basis Set (CBS)
high-accuracy energy models.  Geometry optimizations are faster than ever;
they can now be performed in redundant internal coordinates.  Gaussian 94
also offers synchronous transit guided quasi-Newton methods for locating
transition structures.  Performance improvements include network parallel
capability, using the Linda environment from SCIENTIFIC Computing Associates,
to complement enhanced shared-memory parallel features.  Density functional
theory (DFT) methods are now standard in Gaussian 94.

We remind users that we maintain a mailing list for those interested in
subscribing to our free newsletter, Gaussian NEWS.  The newsletter discusses
new implementations, updates, and future developments of the Gaussian system
of programs.  It also informs subscribers about upcoming user meetings and
workshops, and contains features such as user profiles and technical notes. 
To subscribe to Gaussian NEWS, please e-mail your full mailing address to
[email-masked].  In addition to our regular mailing list, we continue to
maintain an electronic mailing list for those interested in news regarding
the Gaussian system of programs.  We invite any interested parties to
subscribe to either or both lists.  We also welcome any comments or
suggestions you might have.

If you would like to obtain a license for Gaussian 94 at your site or if you
desire additional information regarding the Gaussian series of programs, 
please contact us at the address or telephone numbers given above, or send 
electronic mail to [email-masked].

Yours Sincerely,
David J. Moses, Ph.D.
Vice President, C.O.O.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This notice is sent without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied.
Gaussian is a registered trademark of Gaussian, Inc.  All other trademarks
are the property of their respective holders.  Specifications and
availability subject to change without notice.