Subject: Question: measure for surface complementarity

From: SEONGBIN PARK <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 95 8:22:08 PDT

Hello,

I am looking for references about measure for surface complementarity
between two molecules, especially protein/protein (or protein/ligand).
Could anyone kindly give me such information ?
I would really appreciate it !

Regards,
Seongbin Park ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 12:03:02 -0500 (CDT)

> I would really appreciate it !

Here are some important references that should get you started:  

Badel A; Mornon JP; Hazout S.
      Searching for geometric molecular shape complementarity using
      bidimensional surface profiles.
    Journal of Molecular Graphics, 1992 Dec, 10(4):205-11.

Bacon DJ; Moult J.
      Docking by least-squares fitting of molecular surface patterns.
    Journal of Molecular Biology, 1992 Jun 5, 225(3):849-58.

Walls PH; Sternberg MJ.
      New algorithm to model protein-protein recognition based on surface
      complementarity. Applications to antibody-antigen docking.
    Journal of Molecular Biology, 1992 Nov 5, 228(1):277-97.

Helmer-Citterich M; Tramontano A.
      PUZZLE: a new method for automated protein docking based on surface shape
      complementarity.
    Journal of Molecular Biology, 1994 Jan 21, 235(3):1021-31.

Leikin S; Parsegian VA.
      Temperature-induced complementarity as a mechanism for biomolecular
      assembly.
    Proteins, 1994 May, 19(1):73-6.

Norel R; Lin SL; Wolfson HJ; Nussinov R.
      Shape complementarity at protein-protein interfaces.
    Biopolymers, 1994 Jul, 34(7):933-40.

Buckle AM; Schreiber G; Fersht AR.
     Protein-protein recognition: crystal structural analysis of a
     barnase-barstar complex at 2.0-A resolution.
   Biochemistry, 1994 Aug 2, 33(30):8878-89.

Braden BC; Souchon H; Eisele JL; Bentley GA; Bhat TN; Navaza J; Poljak RJ.
     Three-dimensional structures of the free and the antigen-complexed Fab
     from monoclonal anti-lysozyme antibody D44.1.
   Journal of Molecular Biology, 1994 Nov 4, 243(4):767-81.

Cheers
-raman
-- 
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/                           C.S.RAMAN                                  _/
   _/                   Department of Biochemistry                         _/
   _/            University of Texas Health Science Center                 _/
   _/                     7703 Floyd Curl Drive                            _/
   _/                  San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                          _/
   _/                              USA                                     _/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/                    Tel:     (210) 567-6623                           _/
   _/                    Fax:     (210) 567-6595                           _/
   _/                 E-mail:  [email-masked]                    _/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/  
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/      How can it be that mathematics, a product of human thought      _/ 
   _/      independent of experience, is so admirably adapted to the       _/ 
   _/      objects of reality?   "-Albert Einstein"                        _/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/