Subject: Graduate CompChem Programs

From: Todd Neville <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 1995 15:01:23 -0700

To CCL:

	I am currently an undergraduate ACS major involved in a search of
graduate school programs.  For the last two years I have been involved in
research in computational chemistry (Spartan) and would like to continue this
course.  However, I am having difficulty locating programs which fit my
intrests.  The "Chemical Sciences Graduate School Finder" and the "ACS
Directory of Graduate Research" both lack any listing for computational
chemistry whatsoever.  Specifically, I am looking for a program in computer
aided drug design, preferrably one which utilizes Homology modeling (Homology,
Profiles 3D, Caveat, Protien Design, etc.), Pharmacophore identification (Apex,
C2 QSAR+ & HipHop, etc.), and/or receptor structure based (de Novo) ligand
design (Ludi, Caveat, etc.).  It has been my experience that most of this
research has been done in the private sector with only limited applications in
academics.
	Does anyone have any suggestions on how to locate individuals in the
academic sector involved in these pursuits?
	Responses can be sent directly to me at "[email-masked]".  I
will summarize to any who request it.  Thank you.
			-Todd Neville

-- 
                                #####
                                (o  o)
**************************oooO***(__)***Oooo****************************
*                                                                      *
* It's all ball bearings these days anyway - Fletch                    *
*                                                                      *
* Todd Neville                            (602) 556-0276 home          *
* [email-masked]               (602) 773-5241 digital pager *
* http://chaos.chm.nau.edu:80/~neville/                                *
*                                                                      *
* [email-masked]                                                 *
* [email-masked]                                              *
*                                                                      *
* Northern Arizona University                                          *
* Computational Chemistry  &  WWW server Admin.                        *
************************************************************************