Subject: CCCC seminar 4/13/95

From: "Shashi Rao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 09:32:06 -0500

April 12, 1995

This is a reminder on the CCCC seminar by Dr. Joe Golab to be held
at Amoco Research center tomorrow (4/13/95). Please inform either me
([email-masked]) or Dr. Joe Golab ([email-masked])
if you will be attending so that a reasonably right amount of pizza
can be obtained.

Upon reaching the Amoco Research Center, please identify yourself
as coming to the "CCCC meeting in Building 602" to the security officials.
Please contact Dr. Joe Golab ((708) 961-7878) for further details.

Shashi Rao

================================================================

The Chicago Computational Chemistry Club

Presents

Dr. J. T. Golab
Amoco Research Center

"What is Chemistry Modeling?:  An Industrial Perspective"

Thursday, the 13th April, 1995 at 7:30 p.m. (Pizza at 6:30 p.m.).

Venue : Amoco Research Center,
	Building 602, Room 1218,
	Naperville.

Abstract:
========

Modeling by computational methods can be a general purpose, less
expensive alternative to the traditional experimental methods of
problem solving.  Advances in software and hardware technologies
have made the use of computational chemistry techniques practical
for industrial applications.  As a result, chemistry modeling is
slowly becoming more mainstream in industrial R&D, although it is
still considered a relatively unproven information source.

In this talk, we will discuss the foundations of chemistry modeling
in regards the kinds of industrial problems it can help solve.  We
will also discuss several current examples; in particular a recent
computational survey of methane to methanol catalysis based on
compounds containing third row transition metals.  Finally, the
promise of chemistry modeling as a modern business tool will be
addressed.

Directions :
===========

To get to Amoco Research Center: From West or East bound I-88
take the Naperville Road exit and turn left (North) onto Naperville Road.
The first street light is Warrenville Road; turn left (West) onto
Warrenville.  Proceed approximately 1.5 miles to Herrick Road;
turn left (South) into the Amoco Research Center.