Subject: Fractal dimension analysis...

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 18:37:17 -0500 (CDT)

Is anyone aware of a PD software for doing fractal analysis on images in
*.pict or *.tiff formats?  Basically it should be able to read in one of
the images and have the capability to discriminate between an image
density greater than a certain threshold and then go on to estimate the
fractal index of the desired region. The method by which the latter is
calculated (box-counting, pixel-dilation, calipher, etc) is unimportant,
but flexibility would be an added advantage.

I would appreciate any information in this regard.

Cheers
-raman
-- 
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/                           C.S.RAMAN                                  _/
   _/                   Department of Biochemistry                         _/
   _/            University of Texas Health Science Center                 _/
   _/                     7703 Floyd Curl Drive                            _/
   _/                  San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                          _/
   _/                              USA                                     _/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/                    Tel:     (210) 567-6623                           _/
   _/                    Fax:     (210) 567-6595                           _/
   _/                 E-mail:  [email-masked]                    _/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/  
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/      How can it be that mathematics, a product of human thought      _/ 
   _/      independent of experience, is so admirably adapted to the       _/ 
   _/      objects of reality?   -Albert Einstein                          _/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/