Subject: SGI INDY and PCNFSD Problems ?!

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 18:31:45 +0200

Dipl.-Chem. Thorsten Kluener
                                        Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
                                        Fakultaet fuer Chemie
                                        Lehrstuhl fuer Physikalische Chemie 1
                                        Universitaetsstr. 150
                                        D-44780 Bochum
                                        Telefon (0234) 700-4219
                                        Telefax (0234) 7094-182
                                        Email: Thorsten.Kluener@
                                         ruba.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

Hello everybody !

I have a special problem which is not directly connected to computational
chemistry but maybe someone has an idea:
I am responsible for a network including 20 personal computers and four
INDY-Workstations of Silicon Graphics.

The File- and Printserver of our net runs PCNFSD is NIS Server (IRIX5.3)
and shows very often system crashes (KERNEL FAULTS, SGV, Read addrres errors,
bus errors). The hardware has been checked and is o.k. Most crashes occur
when there is network activity of the PC's on a UNIX disk.
Does anybody know if there are any known bugs or incompatibilities between
IRIX 5.3 and PCNFSD.

Any help or idea is welcome.

Thank you very much

Thorsten