Subject: The Winner (thus far)

From: "J. Eric Slone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 19:56:01 -0400 (EDT)

The winner thus far is:

15 elements

Aluminum barium calcium cerium europium germanium magnesium manganese
polonium strontium terbium yttrium chloride fluoride oxide 

Al 3.56 Ba 0.14 Ca 0.03 Ce 0.11 Cl 0.02 Eu 0.06 F 0.15 Ge 0.15 Mg 0.97
Mn 0.15 O 8.58 Po 0.24 Sr 0.01 Tb 0.07 Y 1.08 

Now, for the bonus prize, *what is this compound used for*? and what is
it's structure?  Please fax your entries to the number shown below.
Entires will be judged on originality, artistic ability, and distance
travelled.  :-)

Void where prohibited.  The decision of the judges (me) is final.

Eric

________________________________________________________________________________

 J. Eric Slone                         George Mason University
                                       Department of Chemistry
                                       Fairfax, Virginia  22030-4444
 Internet:   [email-masked]
 Compuserve: 73757,2776                "True science teaches, above all, to
 Fax:        (703) 751-6639             doubt, and to be ignorant."
 Pager:      (202) 597-2373                               Miguel de Unamuno
 Voice:      (703) 461-7078
________________________________________________________________________________