Subject: Clarification on trivia question

From: "J. Eric Slone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 08:42:10 -0400 (EDT)

I've had alot of "please summarize" responses... but no submissions yet!
One clarification though, I mean by my question 'what molecule is
composed of the greatest number of different elements', so something
like acetic acid would count as 3 (C, H, O).  The molecule should also
exist, naturally or synthetically, theoretical molecules don't count.

I've seen a similar question for linguists (what English word uses the
most different letters from the alphabet); and it would seem by the
responses I've gotten so far, many people are curious like I am.  I'd do
a database search myself, but then how does one phrase this question to
a database?  It's not your typical query!

Eric

________________________________________________________________________________

 J. Eric Slone                         George Mason University
                                       Department of Chemistry
                                       Fairfax, Virginia  22030-4444
 Internet:   [email-masked]
 Compuserve: 73757,2776                "True science teaches, above all, to
 Fax:        (703) 751-6639             doubt, and to be ignorant."
 Pager:      (202) 597-2373                               Miguel de Unamuno
 Voice:      (703) 461-7078
________________________________________________________________________________