Subject: similarity

From: [email-masked] (Shepard Smithline)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 15:01:15 CDT

Dear Netters,

I have some questions for the similarity gurus out there.

(i)   What are the commonly used (public or commercial) similarity
      programs?

(ii)  What are their major features?

     For example:

     Do they allow a test structure to rotate or translate relative
     to a reference structure or can the internal geometry change?
     Do they perform any additional analyis once the indexes are computed? 

(iii) What sort of data do they use to compute the similarity?

      For example:

      Do they compute indexes based only on volume or shape?
      Do they use charges or other quantum mechanically derived
      data to compute an index?

Please foward responses directly to me. I will summarize to the net.

Thanks,

Shep Smithline