Subject: MSDOT source

From: "Bruce A. Luxon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 11:26:07 -0500

CCL Netters,

We're looking for a copy of MSDOT (or MS?) by Michael Connolly.  Is this
program available over the net?  Our OS is SGI IRIX 5.3.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

-- 
*=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
*  Bruce A. Luxon, Ph.D                                                    *
*  Assistant Professor                                                     *
*  UTMB NMR Center                                                         U
*  Dept. of Human Biological Chemistry & Genetics                          T
*  University of Texas Medical Branch                                      M
*  Galveston, TX   77555-1157                                              B
*                                                                          *
*  (409)747-6802; Fax (409)747-6850                                        *
*  [email-masked]                             http://www.nmr.utmb.edu/ *
*=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*

---

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 17:02:54 -0500 (CDT)

> program available over the net?  Our OS is SGI IRIX 5.3.

MS is available via QCPE.  However, a completely revised set of programs
including MS is available from Mike Connolly and is called the Molecular
Surface Package (MSP).  You can get additional details about obtaining
this program from Mike ([email-masked]).

FYI, MS is also implemented in Midas-Plus available from UCSF (Bob
Langridge's group).  If you are interested simply in calculating solvent
accessible surface areas / volumes, then ACCESS (Fred Richards, Yale or
Nick Pace, TAMU or Scott Presnell, UCSF) should work just fine.

Cheers
-raman
-- 
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/                           C.S.RAMAN                                  _/
   _/                   Department of Biochemistry                         _/
   _/            University of Texas Health Science Center                 _/
   _/                     7703 Floyd Curl Drive                            _/
   _/                  San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                          _/
   _/                              USA                                     _/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/                    Tel:     (210) 567-6623                           _/
   _/                    Fax:     (210) 567-6595                           _/
   _/                 E-mail:  [email-masked]                    _/
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/  
   _/                                                                      _/
   _/      How can it be that mathematics, a product of human thought      _/ 
   _/      independent of experience, is so admirably adapted to the       _/ 
   _/      objects of reality?   -Albert Einstein                          _/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/