Subject: Chemical Information Symposium - May 31, Akron, OH

From: "David W. Ewing (216) 397-4241" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 1995 10:08:57 -0500 (EST)

Symposium on Chemical Information, ACS Regional Meeting, Akron OH
May 31, 1995
David W. Ewing, Organizer

See April 10 issue of C&E News for registration information**, or
send your US mail address to Dave Ewing at [email-masked]

** C&E News does not have the correct registration fees.  They are:
             Advance   On-site
ACS member     65        80
Nonmember      80        80
Student        20        20
Retired        30        30
HS Teacher     30        30
One day        45        50

Session 1, WEDNESDAY MORNING
8:30-33. OhioLINK:A statewide virtual library. Thomas J. Sanville
9:30-34. Chemical information on the internet. Ann D. Bolek
9:50-Break
10:10-35.An overview of chemistry resources on the internet. Gary 
D. Wiggins
11:10-36.The University of Akron's departmental chemistry infor-
mation system: breaking ground on the World Wide Web. William A. 
Daunch, Peter L. Rinaldi, Linda Lancki.

Session 2, WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
1:30-37. Electronic mail, electronic lists and computational 
chemistry list. Jan K. Labanowski, Charles F. Bender
2:30-38. CXF - the chemical exchange format. Joseph Mockus, 
Thomas D. Steckert
2:50-Break
3:20-39. META, P450 and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Jan M. 
Fleischer, Giles Klopman
3:50-40. Determining the binding constants of biologically active 
compounds to nucleic acids; a nonlinear regression approach. 
David E. Booth
3:50-41. The application of neural networks to chemical process 
control. James H. Hamburg, David E. Booth, Jay Weinroth
4:10-42. Using polynomial smoothing and data bounding for detec-
tion of nuclear material diversions and losses. Paul Sebastian, 
David E. Booth, Michael Hu

Abstracts are available upon request (send your US mail address to 
[email-masked]).