Subject: Future COMP Programming

From: George R Famini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 95 13:49:15 EDT

Now that the Anaheim ACS meeting is over with, the Chicago ACS
is well on its way (watch this space for a preliminary agenda
real soon), it is time to start thinking about the future.  By
future, I mean Las Vegas (fall 97) and beyond.  The Computers
in Chemistry Division's programming was successful in Anaheim
only because people took the time to organize symposia.  This
same will undoubtedly hold true for Chicago.  Therefore, I am
asking those of you who participate in ACS meetings (especially
COMP) or those of you who want to, to consider organizing
a symposium for Las Vegas or the Spring 98 (off hand I cannot
remember where Spring 98 will be held).  By planning this far in
advance, it should alleviate alot of the last minute 
butterflies and problems (well, some, but from experience,
not all).  

I am very open as to which symposia will be held in Las Vegas.
My only request is that symposia not be identical to those in 
San Francisco (Sp 97), or Orlando (Fall 96) (this is less of
a concern).

If anyone is interested in organizing a symposium, please contact
me.  There is plenty of time (I do not like being rushed), but
I would like Las Vegas pretty well shored up by this fall.  If
you feel concerned about what it entails to organize a symposium,
please do not hesitate to call me ((410)671-2552).  

				George R. Famini
				COMP Program Chair