Subject: Tcl/Tk (was Computational Chemistry on SUN Sparc Systems)

From: "Dimitris Agrafiotis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 13:39:54 -0400

David States writes:
> Purify is only now announcing support for SGIs.  Much better public
> domain software is available for Suns in areas like GUI development
> (Tcl/Tk) and database support (exodus, etc.).

Tcl/Tk and many of its extensions run on almost any Unix machine that
supports X. The fact that John Ousterhout is now working for Sun makes
very little difference; Tcl/Tk is rapidly becoming a de-facto standard
for cross-platform GUI development. Which raises the following question:
would it be worth setting up a repository for chemistry-oriented
Tcl-based tools, or should we rely exclusively on alcatel? Actually,
has anyone compiled such a list (of chemistry-oriented tcl tools, that is)?

Ciao,

-- 
Dimitris K. Agrafiotis, PhD             | e-mail: [email-masked]
3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals, Inc.     | tel:    (610) 458-6045
665 Stockton Drive, Suite 104           | fax:    (610) 458-8249
Exton, PA 19341