Subject: 2nd Electronic Computational Chemistry Conference

From: [email-masked] (Steven Bachrach)
Date: Fri, 5 May 95 10:16:37 -0500

Preliminary Announcement of the

2nd Electronic Computational Chemistry Conference (ECCC-2)

Following on the overwhelming success of the First Electronic
Computational Chemistry Conference, held in Novemeber 1994, which 
attracted 74 papers and over 325 participants, we are pleased to
announce that the Second ECCC will be held November 6 - December 1,
1995. This will be an electronic conference devoted to any and all
aspects of computational chemistry - from ab initio calculations to
drug design to molecular dynamics, etc.

As before, this conference will be held entirely on the Internet,
this time exclusively through the World-Wide Web. We have designed
a new interface to the conference, eliminating the need for email.
Discussions of the papers will proceed using a form-based interface.
This system allows each participant total control over what messages
to read and eliminates the mass mailings that slowed down ECCC-1.
We also plan on mirroring the conference in Europe to assist access
for our European participants.

Complete instructions on how to register, prepare an abstract and
submit a paper will be announced in June. Those of you who would 
like to participate should make sure to obtain a recent WWW browser,
such as Netscape 1.1b3 or Mosaic 2.6 in preparation of the conference.
Complete instructions on how to configure these browsers for the
ECCC will be forthcoming.

We have not yet finalized plans on publishing the proceedings of ECCC-2
but we are committed to publishing them in some form. We are happy
to recieve any suggestions or comments on this issue. For your
information, publication of the Proceedings of the First ECCC on CDROM
is expected in August 1995.

Further information will be announced through the Computational Chemistry
List, CHEMINF-L, and on the NIU WWW server 
(http://hackberry.chem.niu.edu:70/homepage.html) or feel free to contact 
me (Steven Bachrach) directly with your questions and comments at 
[email-masked]

We look forward to another exciting conference in November!

Steven Bachrach				
Department of Chemistry
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, Il 60115			Phone: (815)753-6863
[email-masked]			Fax:   (815)753-4802