Subject: good books about Computational Chemistry

From: "gregor t. overney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 1995 17:49:45 -0600 (MDT)

Recently I have received four volumes edited by K.B. Lipkowitz and 
D.B. Boyd (Reviews in Computational Chemistry, VCH Publishers, Inc.
New York, 1990-1993). I strongly recommend those books for people
working in this field and for those who want to get started.

   However, researchers doing approximations based on DFT will not like
volume four in which DFT seems not to be taken seriously. I hope this
deficiency will be eliminated in a later volume. Especially since the
new release of the famous GAUSSIAN program (release 94) is shipped 
with the DFT part.

GTO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gregor T. Overney, Ph.D.                           Department of Chemistry
Senior Research Associate                     The University of New Mexico
                                                Albuquerque, NM 87131-1096

Voice: (505) 277-1665                                  FAX: (505) 277-2609
                               WWW:  http://enke.unm.edu/gregor/gregor.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------